Has NU contacted Weis???

No way we can afford Weiss as an OC. He's NFL bound . . . or a head coach somewhere.

Kinda what I thought.

As far as the post about him being an "ego maniac", maybe the offense needs a little ego/confidence to go with the defense.

Like I said, probably fit for rumorville; unfortunately I started typing here when I realized this.

No way we can afford Weiss as an OC. He's NFL bound . . . or a head coach somewhere.

Kinda what I thought.

As far as the post about him being an "ego maniac", maybe the offense needs a little ego/confidence to go with the defense.

Like I said, probably fit for rumorville; unfortunately I started typing here when I realized this.

Have you ever seen it where two personalities like that are working together? That is a recipe for a disaster. I'm sorry, but Bo is already pumping us with enough ego/confidence. Don't see that working out without a major personality conflict.

I'm not so sure he'll be a HC. He may go to the NFL.

I heard on FOX radio last night that Weis' contract with Notre Dame stipulates that they don't have to pay him some or all of his remaining contract if he becomes HC at another school, but they do have to pay him (or give him the buyout, or whatever) if he is an Assistant somewhere.

It makes sense to see Weis in the NFL again. He was very successful with the Patsies, and rumors have the Bears interested in him. But if we could afford him, I'd love to see him come here, check his ego, and put this offense on the right path.

I'm not so sure he'll be a HC. He may go to the NFL.

I heard on FOX radio last night that Weis' contract with Notre Dame stipulates that they don't have to pay him some or all of his remaining contract if he becomes HC at another school, but they do have to pay him (or give him the buyout, or whatever) if he is an Assistant somewhere.

It makes sense to see Weis in the NFL again. He was very successful with the Patsies, and rumors have the Bears interested in him. But if we could afford him, I'd love to see him come here, check his ego, and put this offense on the right path.

That's my best guess too. Apparently several NFL teams have already contacted him about OC positions.

I personally think we should go after Mangino... hell of an offensive mind and love his passion. Of course he would need a serious talking to about how those actions and words wouldn't be tolerated at Neb but i think it would be worth the gamble.

What is worse, the negative recruiting that teams would use against NU if Mangino came here or the current negative recruiting being used against us because this team can't move the ball?