suh nearly transferred to oregon state

I don't think Suh would have become a Heisman level player for many other coaches. Suh would be the first one to tell you that.

We really have to thank Pelini & Co. as much as we do Suh.

We have some offensive work, but for as long as we have the Pelini's, I don't think we ever have to worry about our defense again. And that is a load off my mind.

Um, yeah, you guys can keep him. I shudder to think of him on the same team as the Rodgers brothers and Sean Canfield. Oregon St. was a pretty darn good football team this year; they just needed help on defense. With Suh this year, they probably stomp to the Rose Bowl.

Suh would have been 2nd Team all Pac ten as a Beaver in 08 40-45 tackles 4-5 sacks ect

1st Team Pac Ten 09 2nd Team all-american! IMO

credit the development of the Suh & Bronko award to the Pelini clan! chuckleshuffle

http://www.huskerboard.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=39997

Oregon State, eat your heart out. The Beavers almost had a Heisman Trophy finalist anchoring their defensive line.

Nebraska defensive tackle Ndamukong Suh, making the awards circuit right now, told the “Sports Nightly” radio program Tuesday night that when Bo and Carl Pelini were hired in 2007, he was planning a transfer to Corvallis. After listening to their pitch to keep him at NU, he chose to stay.

“Obviously I felt – and still feel strongly – I made the best decision,” Suh said.

Had the Cornhuskers not fired Bill Callahan and Kevin Cosgrove?

“I'd probably be at Oregon State right now,” Suh said.

Instead, he's gearing up for a long week of awards shows. The Lombardi Award dinner in Houston Wednesday. Orlando on Thursday for the ESPN-televised Home Depot Awards, where Suh's up for the Outland, Walter Camp and Bednarik Awards. And then, of course, Saturday night in New York, where he's a surprise finalist for the Heisman.

Suh won't lie. It's a bit of a rush.

“Definitely feel like a rock star,” he said. “It's totally different. It's something I'm not used to. I'm enjoying every bit of it. It's a once-a-lifetime opportunity. I'm going to soak it all up.”

Plus, he said, it's been a “good distraction” after the 13-12 loss to Texas in the Big 12 Championship game.