Tyler Gabbert withdraws commitment

Spano, Green and Martinez haven't proven anything.

Neither has Gabbert. At least Spano, Green, and Martinez put up good numbers in high school and proved they could win. Gabbert has proven he can throw the ball threw a hoop at a Rivals camp. I'd rather have Bronson Marsh.

what the kid does in high school doesn't mean sh#t if he can't translate that to the next level (college football)...and we haven't seen anything at the college level from the 3 kids dylan mentioned

Neither has Gabbert. At least Spano, Green, and Martinez put up good numbers in high school and proved they could win. Gabbert has proven he can throw the ball threw a hoop at a Rivals camp. I'd rather have Bronson Marsh.

what the kid does in high school doesn't mean sh#t if he can't translate that to the next level (college football)...and we haven't seen anything at the college level from the 3 kids dylan mentioned

You mean an injured redshirt freshman and two true freshmen? Hopefully you haven't cast judgement on these guys already. Now I'm not saying that we don't need a QB recruit this year, as I believe we do. I for one am happy that the QB recruit won't be a Gabbert.

At least we know what our number one priority is for the rest of the recruiting class: quarterback.

i'm not convinced it's a huge need this class unless we can get a really good one. we've got young QB's in spano, green and martinez and bigger needs at other positions.

That's just it. At this stage of the process there are no good ones because they have all committed elsewhere. Naming QB as the number one priority for the rest of the class is like trying to find something edible in the garbage can. Sorry we missed the expiration date. Yet again let a big commit out of our grasp.

At least we know what our number one priority is for the rest of the recruiting class: quarterback.

i'm not convinced it's a huge need this class unless we can get a really good one. we've got young QB's in spano, green and martinez and bigger needs at other positions.

That's just it. At this stage of the process there are no good ones because they have all committed elsewhere. Naming QB as the number one priority for the rest of the class is like trying to find something edible in the garbage can. Sorry we missed the expiration date. Yet again let a big commit out of our grasp.

BS. There are still good players available, whether they are rated highly or not and whether they are currently on someone else's commit list or not.

you're right, but they were all good recruits and are all young. put it this way, if you had two QB's committed for this class, would you take a third because the first two haven't proven anything yet?

i'm all for taking a guy that is a stud if we can get one. barring that, we don't need to take a QB just to get one, we've got three young ones on campus to work with already.

you're right, but they were all good recruits and are all young. put it this way, if you had two QB's committed for this class, would you take a third because the first two haven't proven anything yet?

i'm all for taking a guy that is a stud if we can get one. barring that, we don't need to take a QB just to get one, we've got three young ones on campus to work with already.

This discussion started with a poster saying he (or she) isn't sure we need a QB recruit in the 2010 class. No one is saying one player is better than another, but we are saying we need another QB just to have the options. Martinez might turn out to be the savor of our offense but we don't know cause we haven't seen him yet. The point is that WE NEED TO ANOTHER QB because we NEED MORE OPTIONS.

just when you think things are falling into place with recruiting.... i was stoked at how things were going after being a little pissed.. this has to happen..... not sure why recruiting is our bane...... sure we are getting lots of beasts at defense.... but our offense!? if we had just a few guys making plays i'd say the sky is the limit and for sure we'd be in the BCS... dont want to let this window of oppurtunity close for us...

Anyone who decommits from this class for whatever reason isnt seeing the larger picture, is probably getting a heaping helping of negative recruiting, and is making a mistake.

Go to a team where you can lead the way. Has a great defense and the where the north will be won for many years to come IMO.

If he has to go .. BYE!

just when you think things are falling into place with recruiting.... i was stoked at how things were going after being a little pissed.. this has to happen..... not sure why recruiting is our bane...... sure we are getting lots of beasts at defense.... but our offense!? if we had just a few guys making plays i'd say the sky is the limit and for sure we'd be in the BCS... dont want to let this window of oppurtunity close for us...

Gilmore is the recruiting coordinator. I think he does as well with that as he does with the receivers.

This discussion started with a poster saying he (or she) isn't sure we need a QB recruit in the 2010 class. No one is saying one player is better than another, but we are saying we need another QB just to have the options. Martinez might turn out to be the savor of our offense but we don't know cause we haven't seen him yet. The point is that WE NEED TO ANOTHER QB because we NEED MORE OPTIONS.

we haven't seen spano yet either, and not much of green for that matter. i understand your point, i'm just more interested in filling other positions with our limited remaining spts (unless we can get a great QB, of course).

a mod from one of the pay services posted that Gabbert has de-committed. said that they were in the process of confirming it with Tyler.

i think it has more to do with Tyler and Curtis visiting MU this weekend and the coaches told them that if they insisted on looking around then NU wasnt going to hold their 'ships.

I dont like it if they have decided to move on because I feel both could do very well here at NU, but there is still time until signing day, and I will not lose any sleep.

This morning on Schick and Nick on 1620 The Zone it was reported that Gabbert decommitted. That makes two in one week.