Joe Ganz Will Be an Intern at Nebraska

Enhance

Not sure if this has been talked about because I couldn't find anything, but here is a snippet from an article on LJS. The article was mostly about recruiting, but also talked about some questions that Watson was asked during a recent luncheon.

Watson said the former Husker quarterback called him in early October to meet about a coaching possibility.

"It's going to be awesome having Joe having around," Watson said. "He'll be an intern on the offensive side of the ball. He'll help me with the quarterbacks. So I'm looking forward to having him. His character and all of his knowledge -- I can't wait to get him around us."

LINK

This will be great considering Ganz probably had as much to do with the offense's success the last 2 years as anybody

My thoughts exactly. Ganz had an uncanny ability of finding ways to extend plays, something that both Lee and Green have had a lot of trouble doing this year, A LOT of trouble doing.

Sure, he threw the occasional costly interception, but we still had a Top 25 offense with him at the helm.

Ganz was really great for the team, and during a relatively rough time. Can you imagine what could have been if we had Ganz at QB with this Defense???

:rollin

Ganz had a bad play every game that put the defense in bad position or gave away a score. You took the good along with the bad. You just hoped the bad didn't lose the game right off. Oklahoma, Missou, Texas Tech, V - Tech.

The only great thing Ganz probably did with his Jekyll and Hyde was the Colorado game in 2007 where he could have saved Callahans job and he came out in the second half and gave the 11 point lead away in two plays.

Boulder, Colo. - A pair of interceptions and a blocked punt quickly turned a 35-24 Nebraska halftime lead into a 44-35 deficit, as Colorado scored 20 unanswered points during a 5:07

Ganz was really great for the team, and during a relatively rough time. Can you imagine what could have been if we had Ganz at QB with this Defense???

Ganz had a bad play every game that put the defense in bad position or gave away a score. You took the good along with the bad. You just hoped the bad didn't lose the game right off. Oklahoma, Missou, Texas Tech, V - Tech.

The only great thing Ganz probably did with his Jekyll and Hyde was the Colorado game in 2007 where he could have saved Callahans job and he came out in the second half and gave the 11 point lead away in two plays.

Boulder, Colo. - A pair of interceptions and a blocked punt quickly turned a 35-24 Nebraska halftime lead into a 44-35 deficit, as Colorado scored 20 unanswered points during a 5:07

well, didn't want to say it, but since you started it :yeah Ganz was ok, and a fan fav, just not mine.

What about this defense did you not understand? How many times was Ganz afforded the opportunity to play with good field position, not down by at least 20 points and forced to chuck the ball all over the place?

I know your Jekyll and Hyde comment is cloaked as a blessing for Clownahan's firing, but when looked at in a realistic perspective Ganz giving away 11 pts isn't all that bad considering the defense gave up 65 to CU, 76 to Kansas, 49 to SC, 45 to Ok State, 41 to Mizzou and 40 to Ball St. How many points did Ganz score? Hell, he literally scored more in the Colorado and Kansas State game than Lee and Green have combined to score all year. So imagine what he could have done with THIS defense.

What about this defense did you not understand? How many times was Ganz afforded the opportunity to play with good field position, not down by at least 20 points and forced to chuck the ball all over the place?

I know your Jekyll and Hyde comment is cloaked as a blessing for Clownahan's firing, but when looked at in a realistic perspective Ganz giving away 11 pts isn't all that bad considering the defense gave up 65 to CU, 76 to Kansas, 49 to SC, 45 to Ok State, 41 to Mizzou and 40 to Ball St. How many points did Ganz score? Hell, he literally scored more in the Colorado and Kansas State game than Lee and Green have combined to score all year. So imagine what he could have done with THIS defense.

Yes but if you watched the Colorado game the Cosgrove defense was playing over their head and actualy holding Colorado. Then the damn burst in 5 minutes in the third quarter. First pass INT for a score. second pass another int in the red zone. Then they finaly ran and went 3 and out blocked punt and game over. Somehow the blame was put on Cosgrove which he surely deserved most of the year but like I said the defense was not the only problem during the CALLAHAN ERA.

I'm sure he would have scored some points but he also would have given up some points. I don't beleive Go umm Ganz was behind when he threw the pict on the first possesion in the Oklahoma game last year or am I wrong? <_< I wouldn't put Ganz in the top ten qb to ever play for Nebraska but he would be around the bottom teens.