What Games Did Our Offense Win This Year?

mmmtodd

Our offense scored 27 points in the 4th quarter in a 12-0 game Vs Mizzou

good point. anyone have the stats on when/where our offense got the ball in that fourth quarter? or how missouri got the ball to score their 12 points?

Mizzou had the safety, from when Henery threw the ball out of the endzone, a bull sh#t Blaine Gabbert touchdown run, and a field goal.

Our defense won most of our games this year. I mean, is that surprising? The D is world class and the O is really bad. Everyone knows that. Watson knows that, which is why he shut down the O so it could stop costing us games like Iowa State.

Blaming the offense for Texas and VT is like blaming the defense for Texas and VT. We came close and lost, but as a team.

Zac really turned it on in that 4th Q against Missouri. If only he always played like that.

i think the "as a team" excuse goes out the window in highschool.

these guys are being paid to put winners on the field, their success literally propels the entire university. i dont think its too much to point out the offense as flawed, and that something needs to change. the future players are already leaving...the current ones cant really, considering transfer rules(though the smart one bounced before the beginning of the year)...so whats supposed to give? the ancient athletic director is dropping off play sheets, and they are being used to great advantage...i just dont know how long people can keep going on propping up this watson offense.

Our defense won most of our games this year. I mean, is that surprising? The D is world class and the O is really bad. Everyone knows that. Watson knows that, which is why he shut down the O so it could stop costing us games like Iowa State.

Blaming the offense for Texas and VT is like blaming the defense for Texas and VT. We came close and lost, but as a team.

Zac really turned it on in that 4th Q against Missouri. If only he always played like that.

Exactly. I wonder if Pelini has looked at what's going on, and been like, "Damn if I had any resemblance of a good offense, I could be playing for a national title?" It's hypothetical, sure...but what if? If we had Ganz back for another year, would he have thrown some untimely interceptions a la a pick six? I don't know, and we never will know.

Here's to beating the sh#t out of another Stoops brother's team in the Holiday bowl.

When you have to "shut down" your offense all game long because it's effectively worthless.....well, that's putting an outrageously huge burden on the defense and special teams if you want to win games.

With a truly great, great defense and good special teams we still lost 4 games (so far) due to our "shut down" offense.

How many more superb defenses and years are we to waste with our "shut down" offense?

When you have to "shut down" your offense all game long because it's effectively worthless.....well, that's putting an outrageously huge burden on the defense and special teams if you want to win games.

With a truly great, great defense and good special teams we still lost 4 games (so far) due to our "shut down" offense.

How many more superb defenses and years are we to waste with our "shut down" offense?

IMO, and from what I've heard, none.

And fwiw in the quarterback battle this spring and fall camp, do not, and I mean do not, count out either Taylor Martinez or Kody Spano.

bshirt, :shrug: It sucks but it's the best the O has the ability to do for the team. Luckily the D has more than the ability to shoulder that burden. What would be putting a REALLY outrageous would be to turn the ball over constantly or throw incompletions, killing potential FG drives (we seem to do that enough with false starts regardless) and not taking time off the clock.

Give the other team the TOP and the field position and every other advantage you could think of, even our D cannot be expected to overcome it. That would be an unfair burden.

I really hope we never see an O this bad again. But when that's how bad it is what we've done is the best thing we could do in order to not waste the ability of the defense.

I would say we all saw how close we came to winning against some really good teams using the combo we did of our deadly defense and the constricted offense. TT and ISU are a whole nother story, that was not a shut down offense we saw and the result was boneheaded mistakes like Paul's lateral (Seriously, WTF, man?!) and Paul's untouched fumble inside the 5 (seriously, even more WTF) along with every other WTF moment in that ISU game.

It's a good thing the timing of our O sucking like this coincided with our D becoming godly. Because if this were last year's D paired with our O, we have probably not even been sniffing a bowl game since the end of October. Conversely, if this were last year's O, we are probably rocking it to Pasadena, or something like that.

What will next year bring? I guess right now, we can only hope...nobody expected this year's O to lay an egg, but it did. All we've learned is that we never really do know anything until the games are played.

Here's to beating the sh#t out of another Stoops brother's team in the Holiday bowl.

Yup. Time to send off Suh & the seniors on a good note. I hope the staff and team are more amped up for this game than us fans are...too bad USC didn't win.