Turner Gill top candidate for KU job

Well it appears that TT is really heating up with Tuberville. That would be a damn good hire for them with his proven success and his ties to the south for recruiting. It would be kinda a flip flop where when they had Leach he could have less talent and still win with his system but if they get Tuberville they will likely improve their talent level dramitically through his recruiting.

He can take some of the talent away from Texas and OU

In order to do that, he'll have to have an AD that is committed to the football program. I don't think there's any doubt where KU's AD commitment falls. I can't see any high profile recruits from Texas going to play at Kansas where they'll always be considered second class to the basketball players. In order for Gill to have success at KU, he'll have to rely on coaching ability rather than high profile recruits. I have no doubt that he'll get some players out of Texas, but more than likely they'll be the scraps leftover.