Heisman Presentation on ESPN360.com

Fuzzy

K, this makes me reeeeaaaally want the Big 12 to represent in the NCG. Lets have the Texas D represent, McCoy light it up, and Alabama get destroyed.

Heisman voters!!!

Effin cheap lying no-good rotten four-flushing low-life snake-licking dirt-eating inbred overstuffed ignorant blood-sucking dog-kissing brainless dickless hopeless heartless fat-ass bug-eyed stiff-legged spotty-lipped worm-headed sack of monkey sh#t they are!…

color me impressed. now if i can just memorize that for when someone torques me off...

Thats off Christmas Vacation. :snacks:

I couldnt hear the tv (im at work so no sound) all i caught was mccoy and tebow eating and having what looked like a who is the biggest duche contest. then handing the award for the most oustanding player to the most interesting player on the best team. I think deep down we all knew it would happen but I was holding out hope. But thats what i get for giving the media credit for not being effing lemmings.

K, this makes me reeeeaaaally want the Big 12 to represent in the NCG. Lets have the Texas D represent, McCoy light it up, and Alabama get destroyed.

Heisman voters!!!

Effin cheap lying no-good rotten four-flushing low-life snake-licking dirt-eating inbred overstuffed ignorant blood-sucking dog-kissing brainless dickless hopeless heartless fat-ass bug-eyed stiff-legged spotty-lipped worm-headed sack of monkey sh#t they are!…

color me impressed. now if i can just memorize that for when someone torques me off...

Thats off Christmas Vacation. :snacks:

hahaha...i just watched that like two days ago too...oh man...back to the fridge for me...since i was up? anyone?

I guess i can always hope that Rex Burkhead will be the first player to win the Heisman twice. 2011 and 2012.

Archie Griffin won two Heismans, 1974 and 1975.

I cannot believe McCoy finished ahead of Suh that was crap. I agree with the others here that said most of the voters who mailed in their ballots before the conference title games voted McCoy #1 and that was the difference. I was glad to see the university represented by such a great kid and it was great to see Nebraska being talked about on the national level again.

For those who want the Big 12 to represent in the title game, sorry if it was OSU or Oklahoma then maybe I would pull for them over 'bama but there is no way in hell I will root for Texas against anyone. I hope 'bama rolls them up by 3 TDs and Cody goes Suh, Jr on McCoy.

I guess i can always hope that Rex Burkhead will be the first player to win the Heisman twice. 2011 and 2012.

Archie Griffin won two Heismans, 1974 and 1975.

Oh, well then i learned something today. :)

At least he might be the first Husker to win two Heisman trophies. But then again i might be drinking too much :koolaid2:

What a pathetic douchebag you must be. Wishing serious injury on a player, over what boils down to envy. How freaking sad. Husker fans are supposed to be classy? Guess we can just drop the "cl," eh?

Injury or not, Colt has more hardware than 10 years of Husker football, and has 2 come from behind Ws over you. In short, Colt owns you. Hence, your after thought of a bowl game, and another BCS bowl for Colt, this one for a title.

Roll tide more than ever now! Hope they pick off mccoy 5 times and knock him out of the game.

I think the most interesting stat for Suh tonight was the fact that he was on 20% less ballots than Ingram and Gerhart, but still had 800+ points. He ended up being on something like 300 or so ballots. So his average place was at around 2nd. That tells me that unless he was 1st (he had something 161 first place votes) he was more likely to be left off a ballot all together instead of being placed at 2nd (105 votes) or 3rd (122 votes).

Really it's too bad that he didn't have a better showing because I think this was probably the best year for a defensive player to win. There was no offensive player that separated themselves from the rest of the pack and Suh had one of the greatest seasons that an interior lineman has had ever. He also played his best in Nebraska's biggest games that had the most national tv coverage.

I really think we're going to go a long time without seeing another defensive player win the Heisman (unless the voters decide they want to prove something the next time a defensive player produces a season similar to the one Suh just had).

Some particulars on the voting as posted on the Big Red Today blog on omaha.com

Omaha.com

Here are some particulars of the voting:

– Suh was named on 388 of 904 ballots (42.9 percent). Ingram was named on 67.9 percent, Gerhart on 67.1 percent and third-place finisher Colt McCoy on 60 percent.

– The point breakdown among the finalists: Ingram (1,304), Gerhart (1,276), McCoy (1,145), Suh (815) and Florida's Tim Tebow (390). They were followed by Clemson C.J. Spiller (223), Kellen Moore of Boise State (100), Case Keenum of Houston (37), Cincinnati's Mardy Gilyard (23) and Golden Tate of Notre Dame (21).

– Suh won the southwest region of Nebraska, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas and Arkansas with 254 points, ahead of McCoy and Ingram. But Suh finished fourth in the other five regions. Gerhart won the far west. Ingram won the south, midwest, northeast and mid-atlantic.

– Nebraska's defensive performance against Texas in the Big 12 championship game appeared to take the Heisman away from McCoy. He finished well ahead of Gerhart and Ingram among 100 ballots that were cast in the first weeks. McCoy slipped to third in votes cast during the final week. Tebow was third, ahead of Suh and Ingram, until the final week.

– Fifteen players received first-place votes, 17 received second-place votes and 29 were voted in third place. A total of 34 players were named on ballots.

– Of the 926 ballots distributed, 904 were cast and tabulated.