All American - Stars when recruited

JTempl

To be fair, of those, Bjax is the only one who really beat Lucky and took over. He beat everyone and left early to be drafted in the 2nd round. Lucky/Glenn and Lucky/Helu was always a 1-2 punch type of thing, and Wilson was always pretty sparingly used...as a co-3rd on the depth chart guy.

He fell short of expectations, but as far as the boom/bust scale on 5-stars go, he was at least on the positive half of it.

OK, so randomly pick 20 ** players out of this years graduating high school seniors, and randomly pick 20 ***** players for me. In 4 years, I pay you $100 for every one of yours that makes all american or gets drafted, and you do the same for me. Is there anyone who truly believes that stars don't matter enough to take that bet?

I will take it if you give me 3 star guys, which I think is fair.

Oh, you are on. In fact since you thought last years NFL draft sums it up so well, let's figure out a way to do random picks of the recruiting class from 4 years before and see how it turns out, so we don't have to wait for 4 years. Or take the year of your choice. All we need is a list of all of the 3 and 5 star recruits from then and some fair way of randomly picking them, like using the last digits of the future stock market indices or something else that is unpredictable.

For example, the Dow closed on Friday at 10,471.50. If there were 1000 in your pool to look at we'd use the last 3 digits and pick number 150 off your list. If there are 100 in my pool we'd use the last 2 digists and pick number 50. Choose the number of indices to use and for how many days in the future to pick your 25 and my 20, and we'd have our random lists. Then see how many off of each list got drafted.

It sure is a good thing that our coaches don't just pick random 2-star and 3-star players to offer instead of doing research and evaluations.

That is funny!!

Lets just use last years top 10. I think 4 were 5 star guys, so just PM me and send me the 200 dollars.

You're a teacher? I sure hope it's not in math or logic. But congratulations, you've outlasted me. I'm not going to beat my head against the wall to convince someone who simply won't understand.AndyDufresne, even with all of your years behind the walls of Shawshank, you've still got it. You have a point that we are (hopefully) going after 2 & 3 * players who fill needs and seem to have the right attitude to play here. There are still a lot who don't pan out. I'd take my chances with more 4 & 5 * guys when we can get them.

This is a total BRB post right there.

I thought most of those guys were dead or that their parents stopped letting use the family computer. Guess I was wrong.