starting center next year

I read somewhere Quentin Toailoa is being groomed to be a Center after switching from Dline...

:yeah They moved him before this year, I am not sure how this is going though. I thought he has had injury issues the last 2 years? I think we will know more about Quentin when Spring Ball comes around.

Caputo will start and will be a stud - he's better at the point of attack than Hickman was this year and I think he'll be an engine for our interior running game.

Thorson is the likely backup - another walk-on, he's an excellent run blocker with good quickness and technique in side. He's a RS Frosh this year.

Ash is competing with Thorson for the backup job. I think Thorson is a bit ahead, but both have the potential to be nice players. According to what I was told, he needed a year of S&C. He was one of the award winning scout team guys this year.

Not sure about anyone behind that for the center position - if they weren't practicing at center this fall, then I wouldn't be optimistic about them playing next fall. Center takes a while to learn.

IDC who the center is or who the other linemen are, as long as they explode off the ball and push people around.

I know I'm comparing two different eras and two different groups of coaches, but when you look at the 95 team, the way the line blew off the ball was astounding. We had guards and tackles blowing off the line getting to the secondary to make blocks for the backs. They also blew opposing defenders 2-3 yards back on a given run play.

We need more guys like that..with great motors and great truck abilities.