Injured players who didn't play this year

C N Red

See, I heard different, he told one of the players he would be back next year

Ya, I had heard he may be back next year too. They have talked about it on 1620thezone before. Severe is a big fan of Burkes and he has made it sound like he may be back next year more than once.

That would be amazing. I know that they have kept his condition VERY close to the chest. He is an amazing talent and having him back would awesome.

This is what I remember hearing...

via Examiner.com

Among the main things Pelini talked about was offensive lineman Javario Burkes no longer being with the team. For some time now, Burkes has had major heath issues that have really limited his playing time. The loss of Burkes certainly doesn't do the Huskers any favors. When given the chance to play Burkes was solid and gave the Huskers offensive line a big boost. However, with all the issues surrounding him, it's no real surprise to see he's no longer with the team.

Is this way off?

That would be amazing. I know that they have kept his condition VERY close to the chest. He is an amazing talent and having him back would awesome.

This is what I remember hearing...

via Examiner.com

Among the main things Pelini talked about was offensive lineman Javario Burkes no longer being with the team. For some time now, Burkes has had major heath issues that have really limited his playing time. The loss of Burkes certainly doesn't do the Huskers any favors. When given the chance to play Burkes was solid and gave the Huskers offensive line a big boost. However, with all the issues surrounding him, it's no real surprise to see he's no longer with the team.

Is this way off?

I hope this isn't the case. We need all the help we can get on the O-line.

I believe as of this month Matt Holt has been "cleared" to now practice.

Thank you for the information about Holt, Fluff. And, DITSOR, I believe you're right about May playing some special teams...I think I recall seeing him get hit in the back of one of his legs by a punted ball vs. Missouri.