Where would you put players...

typ3kal

Had this debate with a few friends over a few beers the other night... Where would you put / have put players in our current system if they couldn't play their position.

The best one I heard all night was putting Suh @ Quarterback if he was kept off the weights and lost some weight. If nothing else, he could bull his way through an opposing line ;-)

In a realistic terms.

QB C Green ---> Tight End

CB Alfonzo Denard ---> Slot reciever

WR Niles Paul ---> Linebacker

yeah, Green has that quarterback "hunch." i dont see him posing much threat on a slide block to a d end, let alone sacking up and taking on a DIV 1 linebacker to clear the second level.

i can only really see Prince returning kicks maybe. theres a reason guys that good at defending the pass are on that side of the field. catching religiously isnt their bag. he'll make out of body plays, sure, but that doesnt always translate into turn and catch ball so easily. those guys are circus freaks. his kingdom is the unscripted, like the return you seen against oklahoma. leave them where they are to make the impossible happen on interceptions. not on 3rd and 5.

Paul is a physical specimen. Sure. But if you really watch him, he doesnt exactly impose his will on defenders. Especially 100% of the time. If youre a linebacker at that level, you better have it in your head that you can knock anyone out on the field. I dont see that from him. Youre thinking Hines Ward. Paul isnt even close.

yeah, Green has that quarterback "hunch." i dont see him posing much threat on a slide block to a d end, let alone sacking up and taking on a DIV 1 linebacker to clear the second level.

i can only really see Prince returning kicks maybe. theres a reason guys that good at defending the pass are on that side of the field. catching religiously isnt their bag. he'll make out of body plays, sure, but that doesnt always translate into turn and catch ball so easily. those guys are circus freaks. his kingdom is the unscripted, like the return you seen against oklahoma. leave them where they are to make the impossible happen on interceptions. not on 3rd and 5.

Paul is a physical specimen. Sure. But if you really watch him, he doesnt exactly impose his will on defenders. Especially 100% of the time. If youre a linebacker at that level, you better have it in your head that you can knock anyone out on the field. I dont see that from him. Youre thinking Hines Ward. Paul isnt even close.

You need to remember that although they may not be perfect at the new position from day one, they would probably get some practice time before thrown right into a game at their new position. I, myself, would love to see Prince try at wideout.

I don't see Cody Green being a tight end either. Maybe wide receiver but I have no idea if he can catch or not.

Amukamara would be interesting to see at wide receiver. He certainly can't be any worse hands wise than the group we have now and he has the speed.

No way. If Cody is playing a position where he is catching the ball he is at tight end. Kid is flat out bigger than cotton who people seem to think is a pretty decent tight end. I haven't seen mcneill and green side by side but i think cody may be bigger than him also. He'd def be at tight end.

You need to remember that although they may not be perfect at the new position from day one, they would probably get some practice time before thrown right into a game at their new position. I, myself, would love to see Prince try at wideout.

princes interception and return against oklahoma shows hes exactly where he should be.

of course they would get some practice time. you think Bo is going to take away defensive practice time to give some stud CB offensive practice time? CB is an attitude, and a hell of a chance to have a good one at. You dont wear out your big play CB to get him a couple snaps at Wide Out. The way you see the ball is completely different. If you dig, there is even talk about Woodson, and how he should have never been playing offense, how it affected plays on the D side. i dunno. I just think you dont eff with what Prince has going on. Leave it alone. Let the man shine. He has already proven what he is doing. Football went away from being the Ironman style squads a long time ago for a reason.

Fun idea for a thread. :)

I would put...

Ndamukong Suh - Fullback

Jared Crick - Center

Will Compton - Tight End

Prince Amukamara - WR

Eric Hagg - Slot Receiver

Pierre Allen - Left Tackle

Larry Asante - Option QB

Alfonzo Dennard - TE

Zac Lee - CB

Roy Helu - Rush End

Tyler Legate - MIKE

LaTravis Washington - Rush End

Tre Robinson - FS

Niles Paul - CB

Meno Holt - LB

Ben Cotton - DT

I'd have to delve into the depth chart to make any more positions. It'd be a hoot to watch this team play in a game that didn't matter.

im sorry, the topic of this post made me chuckle...but putting Paul at LB downright made me fall out of my chair.

He's listed at 6'1 215.. a few more lbs of weight and he could be a LB

this isnt about height and weight bro. this is about attitude. if paul could play linebacker, he would have. he cant. its not him. look at who the main linebacker, singular, was down the stretch. old bald phil versus paul? im sorry. trying to picture paul hammering and tracking people play in and play out is just amusing. im not saying he doesnt have the physical gifts. but there is a lot more to it than that.

can you picture dillard running routes like paul? didnt think so. lets let them do what they do.

Fun idea for a thread. :)

I would put...

Ndamukong Suh - Fullback

Jared Crick - Center

Will Compton - Tight End

Prince Amukamara - WR

Eric Hagg - Slot Receiver

Pierre Allen - Left Tackle

Larry Asante - Option QB

Alfonzo Dennard - TE

I like your list. I thought about Hagg also somewhere on offense.

Whoever said 'Z. Lee - Waterboy' hit the nail on the head! Good stuff.