Who Will Replace Gomes???

WVhuskerXX

Does anyone else stomach sink as soon as the ball is thrown Hagg's way? It seems that kid cant figure out he needs to turn his head to prevent from getting PI calls every time he is thrown at. He had a critical one in the CU game and IIRC two in the Texas game. All of which came at critical junctures. Hagg if you are reading this, turn your F'ing head and look for the ball who knows you might actually get a pick if you know the ball is coming.

Does anyone else stomach sink as soon as the ball is thrown Hagg's way? It seems that kid cant figure out he needs to turn his head to prevent from getting PI calls every time he is thrown at. He had a critical one in the CU game and IIRC two in the Texas game. All of which came at critical junctures. Hagg if you are reading this, turn your F'ing head and look for the ball who knows you might actually get a pick if you know the ball is coming.

Agreed. That said, Hagg is, overall, a really fine player. he is physical, tackles well, is excellent against the run and, if you consider how often QB's check away from the receiver that Hagg covers, it is clear that he is a very good coverage guy --- it is hard to shake this guy. Earlier this year Pelini said that Hagg was as good a coverage guy as we had and that he felt comfortable with him on any WR in the conference. So... Hagg is good. Quite good. You are right though, his game needs a tweak and he needs to turn when he feels the play is coming to his guy. Sanders will be on him and he will turn this around (so to speak).

If he continues to progress as he has up to this point in his career, Hagg has a shot at the NFL after next year.

Agreed. That said, Hagg is, overall, a really fine player. he is physical, tackles well, is excellent against the run and, if you consider how often QB's check away from the receiver that Hagg covers, it is clear that he is a very good coverage guy --- it is hard to shake this guy. Earlier this year Pelini said that Hagg was as good a coverage guy as we had and that he felt comfortable with him on any WR in the conference. So... Hagg is good. Quite good. You are right though, his game needs a tweak and he needs to turn when he feels the play is coming to his guy. Sanders will be on him and he will turn this around (so to speak).

If he continues to progress as he has up to this point in his career, Hagg has a shot at the NFL after next year.

Agree wholeheartedly. I have a lot of love for Hagg. He's got a lot of ability, he's just not all the way there yet. I'm sure Sanders will get him ready for next year.

I love Hagg, he just scares me when he's covering WR fly patterns because he can't seem to turn his head around.

I think he'd be better reacting to things in front of him instead of running with receivers all the time. Gomes seems to be able to do the same things he does, but he has better coverage skills.

Really I want to see how Green does at some point, there was an article in the Journal Star that said that Green was the closest freshman to be pulled off of the redshirt after Ankrah. Only because of the depth and lack of injuries did Green not make the field.