Brooks is out!!

I didnt think he was going to make an immediate impact early in the season anyway. Maybe he can use this time to really get familiar with the playbook, get stronger, and come in and help us a little later in the year during the tough part of our conference schedule. It sucks that he is injured, but it could have happened to someone more important, or the injury could have been worse, so I think that we dodged a bullet.

I didnt think he was going to make an immediate impact early in the season anyway. Maybe he can use this time to really get familiar with the playbook, get stronger, and come in and help us a little later in the year during the tough part of our conference schedule. It sucks that he is injured, but it could have happened to someone more important, or the injury could have been worse, so I think that we dodged a bullet.

But no matter how much he studies, he is losing reps. You learn by doing, not listening. <_<

Common sense tells me that the damaged knee would be a great "excuse" or reason to redshirt this guy. He needs to get stronger, and this would let him get a good grasp of the playbook

If he is hampered by a sore knee, behind because of reps, he very well could get lost in the shuffle by early/mid season and waste a year !!!!!

on the other hand, the negative side would be that this kid needs football to keep his mind occupied....remember, he has a girlfriend and child 6-7 hours away..Wouldn't want him to have a lot of time to "feel sorry" for himself because of the injury and get homesick

People are blowing this out of porportion. He is going to be out for a couple weeks, 3 at the most. That's nothing. He can just watch practice and at least get an idea of how the play is suppose to be run properly, so that when it's his turn to run the play, he knows exactly where he needs to be on the field. Sometimes things like this have an advantage and disadvantage. How many times did Jason White sit out games before he became a starter for OU and looked where he took them to. 2 national championship games

People are blowing this out of porportion. He is going to be out for a couple weeks, 3 at the most. That's nothing. He can just watch practice and at least get an idea of how the play is suppose to be run properly, so that when it's his turn to run the play, he knows exactly where he needs to be on the field. Sometimes things like this have an advantage and disadvantage. How many times did Jason White sit out games before he became a starter for OU and looked where he took them to. 2 national championship games

Yes, but this offense demands reps to really understand. He will be missing a huge and more importantly very important time of the year. This is where starters get their jobs.

Yes, but this offense demands reps to really understand. He will be missing a huge and more importantly very important time of the year. This is where starters get their jobs.

I have to disagree with you there. Joe Dailey got so many reps in the spring and fall last year and look where it got us. Some people just pick up stuff faster then others and some people don't. Some people are visual and need to see something to understand how it works. Some people can read material and understand it without having to see it visual. I can't remember what the training excercise we did in highschool where it tells you what kind of person you are, but Chris brooks could be one of those guys who doesn't need to see the play in person to understand how it works.

As far as brooks injury, he injured his meniscus and will have it scoped today

Would he really have made an impact this year? I haven't heard about him at all so far in practice. Would he have been the #3 guy behind Nunn and Hardy or what? I am not sure of what to think of the injury, but an injury can never come at a good time, whether it be during valuable training now, or mid-season.

As far as brooks injury, he injured his meniscus and will have it scoped today

My father in law had that happen to him while running through an airport. He said it hurt like hell, but after having it scoped it has been great. I think actually it isn't that uncommon.

i am sure the coaches will figure all this out..based on other WR's progress and his rehab and come back.......the one thing he cannot practice, no matter how much he sees it, is the timing, so critical between receiver and qb.....that may be the real issue that puts him a little behind, but nothing that will prevent him from getting it back later, if and when we need him...........

hunter