M.I.A: Menelik Holt

craigsker

he is riding the bench along with top recuits like Okafor and The 6-foot, 215-pound Gilleylen was dubbed in the preseason as NU's deep threat, the fastest of a group that returned minimal starting experience.

Through four games, he led the team in receiving yards, averaging almost 32 yards a catch as Nebraska stretched the field. Then he was sent to the bench and Watson's offense started to get worse every game until Texas the worst offensive showing in what 60 years. Give the offensive coach and his huge pay package a pat on the back and a raise!

None of it is on the players is it? It is all on the coaches. Did you ever think that maybe just maybe Holt, Gilleylen and Okafor just aren't that good? Gilleylen did all of his damage against the Sun Belt and couldn't do anything against anybody else. Same with Holt and Okafor can't beat out AJ Jones. End of story time to move on.

Of course, they were good, but now, due to the great coaching they just are not good enough! Just like Dillard, not good!

Just like Suh and our defense who went from 107th to 9th with same players. Suh was really not that good until Bo coached him up!

Just blame the players, really? Not good enough, the tell me, why recuit them why give them scolarships. We have very poor coaching on offense unless your last name is Cotton!

Curenski played up until the Baylor game, ALL of his stats came in the first 4 games, then he started playing like crap, dropping balls and running lazy routes. In the MU, TT and ISU game he had a combined 8 catches for 44 yards. Not to mention our line could barely give Lee enough time to throw an out route let alone something deep.

he is riding the bench along with top recuits like Okafor and The 6-foot, 215-pound Gilleylen was dubbed in the preseason as NU's deep threat, the fastest of a group that returned minimal starting experience.

Through four games, he led the team in receiving yards, averaging almost 32 yards a catch as Nebraska stretched the field. Then he was sent to the bench and Watson's offense started to get worse every game until Texas the worst offensive showing in what 60 years. Give the offensive coach and his huge pay package a pat on the back and a raise!

None of it is on the players is it? It is all on the coaches. Did you ever think that maybe just maybe Holt, Gilleylen and Okafor just aren't that good? Gilleylen did all of his damage against the Sun Belt and couldn't do anything against anybody else. Same with Holt and Okafor can't beat out AJ Jones. End of story time to move on.

Of course, they were good, but now, due to the great coaching they just are not good enough! Just like Dillard, not good!

Just like Suh and our defense who went from 107th to 9th with same players. Suh was really not that good until Bo coached him up!

Just blame the players, really? Not good enough, the tell me, why recuit them why give them scolarships. We have very poor coaching on offense unless your last name is Cotton!

REally? Maybe I don't understand, are you saying Barney is our best O coach or that his son is the only one that gets good coaching? Either way :facepalm:

Your original post is inaccurate. The WR were benched for not producing once we got to conference play. It wasn't like they were awesome against the Sun Belt and then mysteriously got benched.

I agree there may be some coaching problems on O but the fact that they actually pulled some players and sent them to the scout team means they were working on it. Remember when our D sucked a few years back and people on this board were howling for different people to play. At least this staff gave the illusion of trying to fix it.

and i am afraid we will suffer through another season, before this conclusion is verified.

Go to a practice sometime. It takes you all of 5 minutes into a team-O period to see why the WR aren't getting any better. All they do is play grab-@ss. I'm not exaggerating one bit here...it is a freakin' joke.

maybe tell ted gilmore to pack his stuff get the hell out of town and inform ron brown that if they don't work he gets to kill em. :LOLtartar

Go to a practice sometime. It takes you all of 5 minutes into a team-O period to see why the WR aren't getting any better. All they do is play grab-@ss. I'm not exaggerating one bit here...it is a freakin' joke.

While you were at practice watching a bunch of guys playing grab-ass did you manage to see what Gilmore was doing?

While you were at practice watching a bunch of guys playing grab-ass did you manage to see what Gilmore was doing?

Trying to correct all the mistakes the guys in the play are usually making. Obviously it's a management problem, but it's not like the guy is doing nothing. You figure out in a hurry why some guys are playing and some aren't though.