Florida sucks, who can we steal?

With Urban Meyer's untimely departure, any chance that anyone reconsiders NU?

I think only 1 even really had NU on the board, Joshua Shaw. But if kids reconsider and head to other schools it may close some doors for other kids and direct them to NU.

With that said, I wish Urban Meyer nothing but the best, and hope he's ok.

Yea, I definitely wish him the best.

I don't see us getting Shaw, but hopefully we can move in on Powell. UF is losing the HC and their DC. We seem to be looking for 'star' DE and have lost out on OO, seems like the next logical step. (Also, it is rumored that Meyer was recruiting Powell personally, so I can't definitely see this weighing on his decision)

DE Ronald Powell was the first person that came to mind.

The following are Top 10 UF commits at their respective positions.

TE Gerald Christian is ranked #2.

OT Ian Silberman is ranked #8.

DE Lynden Trail is ranked #9.

DT Leon Orr is ranked #8.

S Matt Elam is ranked #2.

CB Joshua Shaw, Jaylen Watkins & Cody Riggs are ranked #3,8,9 respectively.

That is ridiculous. And florida does not suck and we will not get any of their commits. For now I am satisfied with Tyler Moore.

That is ridiculous. And florida does not suck and we will not get any of their commits. For now I am satisfied with Tyler Moore.

:facepalm:

:facepalm: What it is the truth unless I am missing something here. With or without Urban Meyer, UF will always be a top tier team with top tier recruits flocking there year in and year out.

Three UF commits are staying put.

BY JOSEPH GOODMAN

jgoodman@MiamiHerald.com

NEW ORLEANS -- Several South Florida high school football players being recruited by the University of Florida said Saturday evening they plan on honoring oral commitments to UF despite the news of coach Urban Meyer's resignation.

Quinton Dunbar and Lynden Trail of Miami's Booker T. Washington and Demar Dorsey of Lauderdale Lakes' Boyd Anderson said Saturday the news of Meyer stepping down came as a shock but does not mean they will de-commit -- at least for now.

Florida announced in a statement Saturday evening that Meyer will coach his final game on Jan. 1 when No. 5 Florida (12-1) plays No. 4 Cincinnati (12-0) in the Sugar Bowl. Meyer said the decision was based on concerns for his health and family. Meyer also said that he will remain in Gainesville and be associated with the university.

``It caught me with a big surprise,'' Dorsey said. ``I'm still a Gator. I'm still committed to Florida, but now I just have to fall back and look at some other schools now that all these coaches are gone.

``I've been talking to other colleges anyway.''

Dorsey, a safety, is one of 20 elite high school football players currently committed to Florida. National Signing Day is Feb. 4. The football team lost two of its best recruiters earlier this month. Defensive coordinator Charlie Strong was hired as head coach of Louisville and recruiting coordinator/receivers coach Billy Gonzales left for Louisiana State. Dunbar, a receiver from Booker T. Washington, learned of Meyer's resignation Saturday while watching TV.

``It was just shocking, I didn't expect him to resign like this,'' Dunbar said. ``I couldn't even dream about this. I couldn't imagine Urban Meyer leaving. I have a funny feeling he isn't going to stay retired.''

Despite being recruited by Gonzales and Meyer, Dunbar said he's still committed to Florida. He could reevaluate his commitment, however, if Florida hires a run-oriented coach to replace Meyer. Trail, a defensive end at Booker T. Washington, told Dunbar on Saturday that he ``is still a Gator.''

``If they hire the coach at Georgia Tech or something like that, that could change things,'' Dunbar said. ``But I'm still a Gator. Of course this affects my decision, but unless they completely change the offense, I'm going to Florida.''

A source close to UF athletics director Jeremy Foley said on Saturday that a coaching search is under way. The source said that Strong might have been a candidate had he not left for Louisville and that recently hired Notre Dame coach Brian Kelly would have been a good candidate to replace Meyer.

http://www.miamiherald.com/sports/colleges...ry/1399449.html

:yeah

:facepalm:

:facepalm: What it is the truth unless I am missing something here. With or without Urban Meyer, UF will always be a top tier team with top tier recruits flocking there year in and year out.

Its a joke, it started last year. There is a lot of threads just like this and you can look them up you want to. A thread like this always pops up after a team has an untimely loss or a team is just really really bad. I don't think a thread like this about Florida should have came up though at this point in time. Maybe in a couple weeks but at a time like this it is just rude and unclassy.