Arizona Forums

How is that any different than people on this board whining that Arizona isn't a good enough opponent, that we aren't going to allow their offense to get a single first down and how our offense will all of the sudden find a way to put points on the board?

Arizona has had a better season than us, and is a team to be reckoned with. They are homers, we are homers, this isn't anything new?

The fact that you guys only think they are delusional is, in fact, quite delusional.

How do you figure? NU finished 9-3 (9-4 after the CCG, which UA didn't play in one) and UA was 8-4.

Two of their losses came to teams playing in BCS bowls (compared to our 1), and they have wins over #16 Oregon State, #19 Stanford and #18 (at the time) USC. Their worst loss of the season is against either Cal or Washington, who are both seemingly a heck of a lot better than Iowa State.

We were also a heck of a lot better than Iowa State. The better team does not always win... 8 turnovers, 4 inside the IS 5 yd line... That game was an anomaly. TT beat us, VT essentially even, and UT essentially even.

I am planning on the physical nature of Husker football to be surprising and overwhelming for AZ. We'll see soon enough...

Less than 3 hours until the story starts to unfold.

i lived in tucson for a stretch, and have several friends there that follow football that I still talk to...

they are N E R V O U S.

these guys are firefighters, good levelheaded, football following regular beer drinking guys...and they sound nothing like the stuff ive seen on arizonas board. the thing that stood out the most was one saying "our qb is good and getting better, but there is a reason he transferred and didnt begin the year as the starter."

We were also a heck of a lot better than Iowa State. The better team does not always win... 8 turnovers, 4 inside the IS 5 yd line... That game was an anomaly. TT beat us, VT essentially even, and UT essentially even.

I am planning on the physical nature of Husker football to be surprising and overwhelming for AZ. We'll see soon enough...

Less than 3 hours until the story starts to unfold.

I thought we were talking about who had the better season..?