Texas Tech sucks, who can we steal?

I say we steal Leach and his sexy fat little girlfriends. Maybe they have athletic fat little babies...haha

Let's all lighten up!!! Gameday!!! Let's hope we put on a good show and some **** TTU recruits pickup the phone and call Bo!!!

Son, we live in a world that has walls, and those walls have to be guarded by men with shoulder pads. Whose gonna do it? You? You, Lt. Sheepdogmark? I have a greater responsibility than you could possibly fathom. You weep for Zac Lee, and you curse the Huskerboards . You have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know. That Zac Lees benching, while tragic, probably saved lives. And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties/chat rooms/message boards, you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent defending something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said thank you, and went on your way, Otherwise, I suggest you pick up a football, and throw a block. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

I've been on here a while ... and I've watched these threads and posters for long to to form an "opinion".

Sadly, most of these folks aren't joking. It happens every time and the way they talk within the post certainly suggest they are not joking. People actually thought we were gonna steal one or more recruits from Florida ... the next day we find out different news about that coach. Mangino goes out ... we are gonna steal someone from them ... 7-10 days later Turner Gill is there. The speculation on this board is absolutely crazy.

Yes, other boards can and do do this ... so, I guess from the responses ... we should/can do this as well. But then again ... I thought Husker fans are "different". I would like to put myself in that catagory.

Fact is ... TT killed us this year, absolutely embarrassed us ... and has beaten us pretty consistent in the past five years.

Fact is ... a human being is being accused of something.

Fact is ... we don't know all the facts.

Fact is ... I would gather with our recent history ... that we would lose a recruit like Quincy Enunwa. We lost CC and Gabbert because of their view of our offensive future ... so who knows. We got a RB in the same way ... so let it shake out.

Finally, if I gather what you are saying, I suppose Turner Gill will have something happen ... this former Husker great, who is also a brother in Christ ... and within minutes we will have a thread ... "Kansas sucks, who can we steal?" ... and you are fine with that and I should just lighten up ... it's just a joke.

If that's true ... then I shut up ... if not ... then please take 5-6 posts to paint me out as someone who should "lighten" up.

Remember what you represent guys ... even in the small things and the "appearance" of things. You have an "N" on our helmet ... we are Nebraska.

Just my opinion ... saying it loud ... hear it or let it fall on deaf ears I suppose.

Nuff said,

SheepdogMark

So I am assuming that you have never made a joke in bad taste?

those are the best type though. absolutely amazing i say.

I've been on here a while ... and I've watched these threads and posters for long to to form an "opinion".

Sadly, most of these folks aren't joking. It happens every time and the way they talk within the post certainly suggest they are not joking. People actually thought we were gonna steal one or more recruits from Florida ... the next day we find out different news about that coach. Mangino goes out ... we are gonna steal someone from them ... 7-10 days later Turner Gill is there. The speculation on this board is absolutely crazy.

Yes, other boards can and do do this ... so, I guess from the responses ... we should/can do this as well. But then again ... I thought Husker fans are "different". I would like to put myself in that catagory.

Fact is ... TT killed us this year, absolutely embarrassed us ... and has beaten us pretty consistent in the past five years.

Fact is ... a human being is being accused of something.

Fact is ... we don't know all the facts.

Fact is ... I would gather with our recent history ... that we would lose a recruit like Quincy Enunwa. We lost CC and Gabbert because of their view of our offensive future ... so who knows. We got a RB in the same way ... so let it shake out.

Finally, if I gather what you are saying, I suppose Turner Gill will have something happen ... this former Husker great, who is also a brother in Christ ... and within minutes we will have a thread ... "Kansas sucks, who can we steal?" ... and you are fine with that and I should just lighten up ... it's just a joke.

If that's true ... then I shut up ... if not ... then please take 5-6 posts to paint me out as someone who should "lighten" up.

Remember what you represent guys ... even in the small things and the "appearance" of things. You have an "N" on our helmet ... we are Nebraska.

Just my opinion ... saying it loud ... hear it or let it fall on deaf ears I suppose.

Nuff said,

SheepdogMark

TTech did not embarrass or kill us. They didn't get that many yards and two of their td-drives were kept going by lousy officiating. Did you forget what an abomination the refs were that game? Plus we handed Tech a TD on a silver platter while leaving considerable points on the field. If we have a couple less goofs and the zebras call a square game that could've been a W.

TTech did not embarrass or kill us. They didn't get that many yards and two of their td-drives were kept going by lousy officiating. Did you forget what an abomination the refs were that game? Plus we handed Tech a TD on a silver platter while leaving considerable points on the field. If we have a couple less goofs and the zebras call a square game that could've been a W.

Danimal, I enjoy you to much and your posts to debate your point. : )

For me, losing 31-10, AT HOME, was embarrassing. Yes, we could debate various plays in each game. I would accept that debating point for every other loss ... and I can see us having just one loss this year. However, I just can't "bend" that loss to say it "could've been a W".

I do appreciate your heart and passion. : )

SheepdogMark

Danimal, I enjoy you to much and your posts to debate your point. : )

For me, losing 31-10, AT HOME, was embarrassing. Yes, we could debate various plays in each game. I would accept that debating point for every other loss ... and I can see us having just one loss this year. However, I just can't "bend" that loss to say it "could've been a W".

I do appreciate your heart and passion. : )

SheepdogMark

I wouldn't say that NU could have won that game THAT day at all. However NU did hold TT to its lowest Offensive Output Yardage-Wise in Mike Leach's tenure, held them to 200 yards below their season average. On their first drive they got an extremely unlikely catch on a ball that Dennard had covered and tipped. TT had a few big lucky breaks on that first TD drive, but that is football. NU also gift wrapped 7 points to them that most likely was a 14 point swing. NU had a few TO's, overall TT made the most of the very very limited chances they had and NU made a mess of their multiple chances. Still this isn't one that I would say NU should have won because I don't think that day NU would have won. Play that game again a few weeks later and I think NU wins.

• 2 weeks later...

My point was that it is simply wrong to act like we got flat-out whipped. We didn't. If the refs call that game square it's a competitive loss. If we get honest refs AND we don't blow our legs off with goofs that is a totally different game. The score doesn't tell the real story of that game. TTech deserved the W but they weren't dominant.