We will have a band after all

Landlord

they were already out there for something else.

predictionking, did you grow up in nebraska? i cant understand how a husker fan wouldnt think this is cool. i think it sucks that the university didnt work harder to find a solution to at least get a pep band of our own out there-- but since they didnt-- its making the best of it, good old nebraska ingenuity if ive ever seen it. chance of a lifetime for those kids.

There is nothing cool about this. It is ridiculous actually.

Sorry Mr. Grinch, but this is great exposher for the state of Nebraska. We don't get a lot of opportunities so there is nothing wrong with them taking advantage of the situation. I'd almost bet they are in that area for the Fiesta Bowl Parade and were also planning on going to the game. My best advice 'pdk' is to chill a bit.

T_O_B

:):):):):)

they were already out there for something else.

predictionking, did you grow up in nebraska? i cant understand how a husker fan wouldnt think this is cool. its making the best of it, good old nebraska ingenuity if ive ever seen it. chance of a lifetime for those kids.

Born and raised in the Sandhills my friend. I will concur its great for the kids, but it's a poor solution for poor planning by the University. Everyone in Middle America knew a blizzard was coming more than a week out. The School should've had back up plans in place to overcome this issue.

Giving these high schoolers a chance is definitely a cool thing for them. But the University severely dropped the ball on this issue.

I know this is a silly hypothetical, but play along:

Let's say NU is playing in the Rose Bowl for the BCS Title game next week. ALl things being hypothetically relative, a blizzard hits Nebraska this upcoming weekend, does NU not send a band to the National Title game?

Perhaps I should've clarified. I'm happy for those kids, but I'm disapointed in the University's lack of planning. I think it's a poor reflection of the University of Nebraska and one of the most storied College football programs in America.

Would Texas let the Austin Lake Travis Band play for them? Is Tuscaloosa Central going to play for Alabama? Would Ann Arbor High be playing Hail to the Victor?

This is deeply depressing IMO.

Did you get your special edition Huskerboard Meltdown razor blade for Christmas, and should I be concerned?

i see where he's coming from. not really fair to the actual nu band

It is really unfair how their safety was brought into question and it was decided they shouldn't try to get everyone to Lincoln during a snowstorm to bus out. If you guys want to make it about more than that don't let me stop you.

not really fair to the actual nu band

Maybe I'm just not good at making huge jumps in logic and reasoning, but what is uncool and ridiculous about a bunch of high school kids getting to fill in for the University band? I'm sure they do in fact think that is pretty cool.