Flexing

mwj98

I haven't been on the board for a while and I am sure someone posted already, but I'm gonna say it anyway. I sure did love seeing some swagger out of our team last night.

when Niles Paul spiked the ball and flexed, I lost it. We have our swagger back and it's been a long time coming. statement game.

I am proud of our boys. Great job! Can't wait until next year.

GBR!!!!

I, too, am glad to see the swagger our guys developed this season. But am I the only one who thought that the celebration was a little excessive last night? If we need that to play with fire, well so be it, but I personally felt like the showboating after every good play was a little much. It wasn't just Paul, almost every good defensive play got a similar (if more understated) reaction from our guys last night. I don't think we would have seen that under TO... Still, it's a new era, and that's just as it should be. So long as it remains a generally respectful and classy one, I'm not complaining. I just wouldn't want to see us go too much further in that direction.

as long as it's not a 'dancing' 'self-centered' 'chest-thumping' type celebration, i'm okay with getting jacked-up after big plays.

Especially in an asss kicking like last nite, last game of year, making a big statement about being 'back' and some really great seniors going out in style. I think some of the 'flexing' was just a real gut reaction to some of the frustration of ineptness that plauged us at times this year. Kind of saying we're here and we're dominating and we're bad, baby.

but there were times on special teams tackles or just regular type plays where guys were doing some self centered showboating, i'm not a fan of that. just make the damn plays your supposed to, get back to the huddle. If you make a huge play or hit, then get pumped.