Bowl Game Bo

Nexus

"Bowl Pelini"

Other than the mid-nineties heyday, I don't know if TO won three bowls in a row. Frank and Cally certainly didn't.

I like that moniker even better.

FWIW, Pelini is the 1st Husker HC to win his first 3 bowl games. Devaney, Osborne & Solich went 2-1 in their first 3 tries.

To be fair... weren't Bob and TO the HC the ENTIRE SEASON in their first 3 bowl games? Bowl Pelini has a nice ring to it though... PUNN INTENDED! <_<

True. I guess it requires an asterisk. It just happened by circumstance that Pelini snagged his first HC win at NU in a bowl game.

To be fair... weren't Bob and TO the HC the ENTIRE SEASON in their first 3 bowl games? Bowl Pelini has a nice ring to it though... PUNN INTENDED! <_<

True. I guess it requires an asterisk. It just happened by circumstance that Pelini snagged his first HC win at NU in a bowl game.

I am not taking anything away from Bo... in my opinion, he is 3-0 as an HC in bowl games. But TO and Bob deserve their props! :thumbs

I am not taking anything away from Bo... in my opinion, he is 3-0 as an HC in bowl games. But TO and Bob deserve their props! :thumbs

Oh for sure. I wasn't undermining the previous coaches either.

of course not... NU doesnt put up with coaches that cant cut the mustard, i.e. CallaCANT

of course not... NU doesnt put up with coaches that cant cut the mustard, i.e. CallaCANT

As much as I dreaded the Ped-a-han years, it was a very humbling experience to say the least. I now know what Oklahoma went through in the 90's. I feel like Pelini is our Bob Stoops heading into the new decade. In a way, it was a blessing in disguise what we went through this decade. At least from where we're standing right now, the future looks pretty bright.

definitely agree with Nexus. going through the previous coaching regime. like he said its "humbling". makes you be thankful for what a special thing this team is, to the University, to the state. It makes you appreciate things more, especially moments like these. 2009 Holiday Bowl Champions, I like it. :)

And on the subject of Bowl Game Bo or Bowl Pelini. I think I like Bowl Pelini between the two. But lets save it for the future.