So... Do we root for Texas?

To be honest the Bama fans I know are nice and wished the Huskers luck in our bowl game. The Texas fans in my area are jackasses. I'm all for rooting for Big XII but in this case I'll make an exception. ROLL TIRE ROLL.

Also, what would you think if Texas got blown out by Alabama in a similar fashion to Arizona getting blown out by us? What would you think of Texas?

I understand if you don't like Texas....if I absolutely didn't like a team, I definately wouldn't root for them. I will never root for CU or KSU, regardless of how it would make NU's reputation look.

In this case, I "dislike" Texas very much , but I also get tired of listening to ESPN talk about the SEC. And since I don't "hate" Texas, I will root for them in the NC. A win by Texas may actually push NU near the top 12 or so. Even ESPN was still commenting the the Big 12 Championship game today, so I think the voters will even reward NU more if Texas wins.

* conversly (sp), if Texas gets blown out, then the voters may not think so highly of the effort NU gave in the Big 12.

Go Texas and Big 12 (unless it is CU or KSU)

:yeah thank you for typing all of that for me. its more missuckit and colorado for me though.

Texas sucks, who can we steal?

SheepdogMark

PS. They should let Texas secede (thanks, new I had that word wrong) from the union and ban them from the Big 12. They are an embarrassment on the court and the field.

I should be the last guy commenting on spelling, but it's Knew not new, Let's not make the old joke that Nebraskan's spells Knowledge with a N completely true. :)

I'll root for Alabama not because I hate Texas but for the reason Texas doesn't need to have more NC then Nebraska.

To me its like today with Penn St vs LSU. Nothing really for or against either team, but i can't stand the arrogant SEC or Big Can't count. So I just hoped for some good football to watch.

About the only thing that could help NU would be a Texas blowout - it ain't happenin'

I really wouldn't mind if Texas gets beat by a government mule.

Having said that, on a selfish note it would be good for Texas to be #1, and hopefully it would carry over until the next season as #1 until they show up in Lincoln next year, when we send them home in a waaambulance. :box

I really wouldn't mind if Texas gets beat by a government mule.

Having said that, on a selfish note it would be good for Texas to be #1, and hopefully it would carry over until the next season as #1 until they show up in Lincoln next year, when we send them home in a waaambulance. :box

Never happen. They lose too many key players to be #1 next year.

Imo those who root for texas because it makes our confrence look better, are over complicating things. We always hold our own destiny in our own hands. If next year we go undefeated, we will be in the championship game. At that point any "respect" the Big 12 has earned from this game, or any game this bowl season, will just be banther for the talking heads on espn and mean nothing towards the outcome of our game..

If we lose a game or two next year, arguing if we should be ranked 15th or 10th based on our confrence strength is meaningless anyways. No one cares or remembers who was ranked number 9th, or 14th etc.etc..

We're in the big 12, not mountain west or confrence usa. The big 12 doesn't need to earn respect around the country..

So, having said that, I hope Texas gets beaten like rag dolls and I get a shot of Colt tearing up on the sideline..

This is exactly the way I have always looked at it. So what if Texas wins or loses this game? It doesn't affect us in the least bit. Next year is a whole new season and no one will really care what happened this year towards the end of next season.

Like you said Heat we hold our destiny in our own hands. We win our games and we will be in the NC next year. Plus do we really want Texas to win and have more prestige and money? Next season the Texas fans would be more unbearable if they win, but then we would have to listen to how the SEC dominates and blah, blah, blah. Either scenario will suck. Me personally, the only wins that matter in bowl games are the teams that I root for and like. I am rooting for Bama though, because I like the way they play football. Texas has no run game and I just can't respect that kind of offense.

Edit- Oh and if any Texas fans read this...not dogging on your offense. Believe me, I endured our offense this year. Just saying I am not a fan of the spread and passing it...I like to watch hard nosed running so don't take it the wrong way there.