So... Do we root for Texas?

Of course you root for your own conference. All that can do is help Neb. If Texas wins it all this year and then NU wins the big 12 next year, who do you think will get a ton of respect? On the other hand, if Texas gets spanked, NU will get much less respect even if they win the conference. Even if you hate Texas it would be wise to root for them...

I suppose if someone comes up with scientific verification that it actually matters who i root for, i will have to reconsider my position. until that day...phuck texas and the pig they rode in on. nebraska cannot get vicarious respect thru texass's success. you earn respect by winning on the field.

Every time that I have myself halfway talked into pulling for those arrogant Texas arse clowns (because they're in my conference), I read something like this:

http://www.news8austin.com/content/sports/...797&SecID=5

Then I'm reminded why I wish we could throw a wall up around Texas and give them back to Mexico. Maybe the ideal scenario is that Texas rolls Alabama's defense for 600 yards but has a game like our ISU game and winds up losing on turnovers. Then they'd both look bad, and I'd be happy.

Of course you root for your own conference. All that can do is help Neb. If Texas wins it all this year and then NU wins the big 12 next year, who do you think will get a ton of respect? On the other hand, if Texas gets spanked, NU will get much less respect even if they win the conference. Even if you hate Texas it would be wise to root for them...

you have to root for the big 12 in the NC game...even if it is texas.

No. No you don't.

I hope it's a tied game in the final seconds, and as the clock hits :00, a huge controversy erupts which ends up giving Bama 1 second left on the clock....and they kick the winning field goal to inflict a big FU on the longwhores.

I agree. Normally I would pull for the conference team, but can't do it this time. Was also glad to see Mizzu get rolled by Navy. I'll root for the rest of the Big 12.

Just remember the worse Texas looks, the worse we look.

Texas kicks their asses, people will say, Hey that Nebraska team must be damned good.

Fence setters in Texas may end up here if not selected by Texas initially.

It has affect on a lot of things.

Seeing Texas embarrassed will not do Nebraska good.

Some time sleeping with the enemy has benefits. This time of year people remember the stand out games.

We have had two in a row. Being ranked higher at the end is always good.

I do not say you have to love Texas, but take one for the team. lol

Its hard because ive always liked bama in there champ run this year. I never thought texas could cut the mustard against them or flordia for that matter. But you guys are right in that well look better if texas wins it all. But then less we foget that weve got a whole year of listening to texas fans beat there chests about the whole thing. So where do you go from here. I say dont watch the game and let it play out on its own.

I have never, nor will I ever root for Texas. I don't think it does much to tarnish our reputation, the whole country watched us deserve to win that game even without fielding an offense. We dominated in our bowl game, which received plenty of press and attention, too.

:yeah

If Texas wins another National Championship it will only help them in recruiting. We compete with them for recruits. With Turner Gill at Kansas now it's going to get alot more competitive for Texas recruits.

Texas practically has their pick of recruits now and if they win another National Championship it will make it that much harder for Nebraska.

Nebraska destroyed Arizona. The National Media has been having a love fest over Suh. We have gotten tons of positive press.

Noone is going to think Nebraska is a worse team if Texas loses to Alabama.

I despise Texas and always want them to lose.

Go Big Red!