Texas

These anti-Texas threads are a bunch of sour grapes.

It’s like a dude gets beat up by another dude, so then the dude that does the beating up gets beat up by some other dude then the first dude that got beat up talks smack to the guy that beat him up because that guy got beat up by someone else. That guy has no right to talk trash because he still got beat up by that dude.

At the end of the day Texas still beat us 13-12, still won the Big 12, still has beaten us 5 straight times, has beaten us 8 out of the 9 times we have played since the Big 12 started and still owns a 9-4 series advantage. Texas losing to Alabama doesn’t change the fact that they own us since 1996.

I would prefer to do my trash talking after the Big Red actually does the winning not some other team doing it for them.

Sorry, but this reminds me of something...

"I'm the dude playin the dude disguised as another dude." - Tropic Thunder

I personally believe this title game says nothing about the SEC and the Big 12. It does tell us a couple of things though.

1) Bama won because of one reason - Colt McCoy got knocked out of the game. Now, I'm not saying that they would have lost if McCoy had stayed in, but think about how devastating that is. He is there field general, a 45-7 starter, and has never been injured in the biggest games of his career. That is a tough pill to swallow realizing the face and heart of your team is out for the whole game.

2) Bama is not that much better than Texas. Had Bama won by 30 or more points without McCoy in, then people would have settled for it, thinking "well, even if McCoy had stayed in could he have really thrown a couple of touchdown passes and kept them in the game? Bama was clearly the overall better team."

Instead, you will now have doubters across the nation. Bama won by only 2 touchdowns, one of which came against a dejected Texas team with little to no time left in the game. Everybody outside of Alabama will see this game for what it really was, an SEC win against a school that lost the heart of their team, and Bama still couldn't put them away soundly.

Seriously. McCoy isn't even in a sling. Why is he not out there? Forget the NFL... this is the biggest game of his life.

:flush

He just quit.... and it isn't the first time. Does anyone remember when Texas AM beat them? He quit in that game too. He basically said the hell with the fans, team mates, coaches and the university.... I'm going pro. What an embarrasement to the game. Unfrigginbelievable! I would not want him involved with my team in any way. There is no room for that crap in football.

Right...

Perhaps you should read this.

I'll quote the relevant part.

"After the injury, McCoy was begging to go back in to finish his last college game. His dad, interviewed on TV, said the injury wasn't that bad.

But Texas coaches decided to err on the side of caution, and McCoy spent the second half wearing a headset on the sideline, trying to encourage his teammates."

I could go on, but well, I'm pretty sure I made my point.

Said something about saving him for the NFL...why? He doesn't need but one arm to carry a clipboard!!! :dunno

I have a question about the fake punt. I realize the academic standards for getting into Texas are really really lax, but what football player doesn't know to simply knock the friggin ball down on 4th down on a long pass? Texas would have gotten the ball inside the 20, yet by picking the ball off they get it at nearly the 40. Then, we get to Bama. Apparently, their academic standards aren't any higher either. What player even in little league doesn't know the kickoffs are live balls?

The same kind of person that gets a game winning int at the 5 and doesn't have the smarts to fall down and instead trys to run and fumbles. <_<

LeKevin Smith? Texas Tech?

That was my first thought

Yes.

All I meant in the heat of the moment what was going through that kids mind was not what down it was but he have a chance at a int. I didn't even think of what a bad decision the play was until I started going to bed.

Do you blame the coaches or the players it's a toss up. Do you blame Callahan for what LeKevin did when Suh did exactly the same thing against Colorado in 2008 being the only difference that Suh scored when the correct call would have been to fall on the ball and game over.