Bo Pelini's Meat eaters

rawhide

In the article Rome says that he's trying to get in the 8 man rotation on the d-line. So he's not necessarily looking to start but just get some PT, which isn't out of the question.

:yeah

I read it that way too. I think he's realistic about his expectations and knows what he's up against. I think he'll make the 8-man cut when it's all said and done. The kid has that blue-collar type of attitude so he'll fit into the Husker culture just fine.

I just hope Rome isn't overly disappointed if he's asked to sit at #3 on the depth chart or even Redshirt. If they're grooming him for DT he's got a lot of pounds to put on. From those quotes in the article it doesn't sound like he'll be content to sit around.

Yeah cuz Rome wasn't built in a day

Excellent!!!!

Judging by the measurements and the picture from the article, he looks physically ready to go at the collegiate level. As a DT, he's probably right where he needs to be size wise. Fact is, as a D linemen you better be one nasty SOB when you get on the field because it's like a streetfight every play. I think I read somewhere that Rome's old man trains or used to train MMA fighters???? I'm sure the use of hands and leverage is not lost on this kid. Given Pelini's track record with DT's, I suspect this guy will be good.