Bo Pelini's Meat eaters

rawhide

This guy seems vicious, but as knapplc said, I hope disappointment doesn't affect this kid too much.

You look at the depth across the d-line and he doesn't have a great shot to start. Physically he's a bit big to be a d-end but a bit too small to play DT. Regardless, he's going to have to fight for PT against proven/productive players in Meredith, Crick, Steinkuhler, and Allen (my projected starters).

Not to say this guy can't do it, but his chances are slim. Given his apparent early fire, I hope being put on the bench doesn't hurt his attitude.

Not to say that he doesn't have to get stronger and improve technique wise but to say he's got a lot of pounds to put on even if he is going to be a DT. Crick and Baker are both at or below his weight currently. I think he is going to benefit drastically, both him and Guy are, from being here for winter and spring. Like Carl was saying last year, D Line is about reps so the more you can get the better. I actually am looking for both Guy and Rome to come in and fight for PT at DT right away. I heard T Moore was hurt for a lot of the year but he still hasn't impressed me at any point he's been on the field. That leaves us with Baker, Crick, and Randle in the middle. I didn't include Pensic bc I don't think he's at the weight he needs to be yet. I think one of Guy and Rome, if not both, will be in on the rotation next year, if at least to spell Crick and Baker for a series here and there.

Although alot of new recruits think they can come in and play, very few do. As far as Rome's weight, I don't think that is a problem and we have had D ends heavier. If he truely runs a 4.7..... I don't think that is a problem as long as the first step is quick. Coaching will take care of the technique. I think this kid has a real shot at contributing early.

I just hope Rome isn't overly disappointed if he's asked to sit at #3 on the depth chart or even Redshirt. If they're grooming him for DT he's got a lot of pounds to put on. From those quotes in the article it doesn't sound like he'll be content to sit around.

Yeah cuz Rome wasn't built in a day

:laughpound

"By the time summer gets here, I'll pretty much have it down."

gotta love the guys spirit. assuming he is talking about the defense, I don't think he'll know as much as he would like to at that point, but with that attitude its hard to not see him get some good playing time, kinda like meredith last season. i believe meredith had a year under his belt but the coaches seem to really like Rome.

"By the time summer gets here, I'll pretty much have it down."

gotta love the guys spirit. assuming he is talking about the defense, I don't think he'll know as much as he would like to at that point, but with that attitude its hard to not see him get some good playing time, kinda like meredith last season. i believe meredith had a year under his belt but the coaches seem to really like Rome.

Great read. You gotta love the fact his dad is a bad ass!!! His weight and size are great. I am sure he has quickness to go with those measureables. Those are NFL type numbers for a DE. He is only 18ish. Wow!!!