Maine not impressed with NU???

Foppa

I think we usually give opposing fans 4,000 tickets. I know there is a NCAA minimum required by all schools, i will have to research it

LOL yeah but look at your own sig, cant see any visitors in the vistor section.

I think maybe a thousand or so show up, cant see em in the sea of red though. :rollin

Thats why I love memorial stadium hardly any opposing fans. Hence another reason we need to expand the stadium, we are not giving the poor opponets a chance to see their team or maybe they are scurred! :horns2

Been reading this board since this ridiculous thread started. You guys are cool. Just wanted to let you know I went to my local sport store and bought me a red hat with a N on it. I will now follow you guys with a bit more attention. I can now call myself a "mild" Husker fan.

"If you can talk on Sunday, you wasted your ticket on Saturday."

Go Grizzlies!!!!!!!

Here's hopin' for a national championship for y'all!

Griz 37,

I have never followed Montana, but would like to attend a game. Which game during the regular season is the best. I would prefer not to be in Montana in late October and after. Let me know if I need to wear snow snake repellant.

I think the best game at Washington Grizzly stadium this year will be Oct. 15 against EWU.

Eastern Washington was a playoff team last year (upsetting the number 1 seed) and is picked by coaches and media to win the Big Sky conference ahead of the Griz.

Montana beat EWU last season (at their house) by blocking a game ending field goal attempt.

The first conference game before the EWU game will be homecoming (Oct. 1st.) vs Weber State (a bottom dweller)...not likely to be as interesting a game but since it is homecoming it might make getting a ticket difficult.

In fact getting a ticket to any of the games could prove difficult beforehand (always sold out). sometimes you can buy from a student who'd rather have the money than the ticket but that is very speculative.

If you are able to secure a ticket, you'll probably be treated to some beautiful fall weather, but no guarantees - it can get chilly this time of year (Jacket weather).

Usually however, mid October is very nice.

BTW: At the tailgates, let anyone know you came up from Nebraska to watch a Griz game in person - You'll find Griz fans to be a pretty hospitable bunch.

Tailbone,

Thanks for the info. I am trying to set everything up now. I am going back to Missouri for the Nebraska game on the 22. The wife is not to happy about Montana, but who knows I may make it work.

I have always found college football fans to be great no matter where I go. I love the atmosphere and respect each programs traditions. I have never in attending over 120 college games had any kind of a problem with the opposing fans. Being proud of your school and respectful of the other makes it very easy to communicate.

I attended the Miami/Nebraska Rose Bowl. I took my Great Dane and put a jersey and flag on him. The Miami fans had a ball with it. Called him the best looking Nebraska Cheerleader they had ever seen. At the same time a couple of the Miami Cheerleaders saw him and went nuts over him. Tried to give me a Miami Jersey for him to wear. Had a ball. This is suppose to be on our most hated rivals. Never a harsh word from one of them. Partied with a bunch till almost 3am. You normally get what you ask for I have learned.