Maine not impressed with NU???

Foppa

Dayum I wish we had scheduled Montana they have better fans! I think they would have bought up all the visitor tickets.

And when visitor tickets were sold out (assuming an insufficient allocation), we'd be contacting your ticket office to buy general seating tickets.

We travel well.

The city of Chattanooga — if I really am in Chattanooga — was awash in burgundy and silver on Thursday as Montana Grizzly fans streamed into town by the thousands......

It’s the morning before the 8 p.m. kickoff and I fully expect the UM nation to turn Finley Stadium into Washington-Grizzly Stadium East.

No team in I-AA supports its football team like the Grizzly fans do. Some 23,000 have shown up in Missoula every week for Montana’s 10 — yes, you read that right, 10 — home games.

On most weekends, families journey for hours from around the state for their pilgrimage to Missoula. (some from distances greater than 500 miles, despite snow, ice, etc.)

And many of those same fanatics have been clogging airports in Atlanta and Nashville, as well as Chattanooga, to arrive in time for another big game. So many in fact that they might want to change the name of this southern town to Missoulanooga for this weekend.

Montana fans take their football seriously.

BTW: How many visitor seats are usually allocated in Memorial (or does that depend on the opponent?)

This is a very interesting discussion! Cool to see other fans from other teams come together, and I love to learn more about other schools!

I believe NU allocates around 3,500 regardless of opponent; and sorry to break it to you Tbone but there wouldnt ever be an opportunity at TO Field for this "general seating" you speak of! :)

Geez,

You ever say one thing to your wife and she takes it totally the wrong way? The next thing you know everybody is ticked over some stupid insignificant comment. Look, all the kid from Maine said was MT is a loud freaking place. He didn't say MT would beat NU. We don't believe that either. You guys will thrash Maine. And you guys goin 0-11? that guy should be slapped that's just stupid. We will thrash Fort Lewis College, then we will get beat by Oregon.

It comes down to this. NU has awesome football tradition, atmoshphere and Memorial is loud. MT has has football tradition, great atmosphere and WA-Griz is loud. Great fans on both sides. Rumor has it we had an outside chance to play you guys a couple of years ago but we backed out in fear of getting embarrassed and dinged up. (don't know if it is true). Nuff' said.

Good luck this year, hope you keep an eye on the Griz. :cheers

BTW-Do y'all have an opinion on a playoff system? The BCS sucks. We LOVE the playoffs. Best time of the year. It's like March Madness with snow.

"If you can talk on Sunday, then you wasted you're ticket on Saturday."

I wish more fans were like this.

Some of the Griz fans dis NU because even though their program is good. They over react, just like some of us do. They have a terrific program, too bad some of them think they have to show how far NU has fallen just to show their program is good. NU's program has nothing to do with Montana's, and vice versa. Some of their posters just don't get it that we think 78,000 people are louder than 23,000.

I'm sure both places are loud. Both have very good fans. Both take quick offense when they think someone is dissing their program.

I have a lot of respect for this poster, and think the majority of Griz fans are good people, not like some of the ones on their board.

This is a very interesting discussion! Cool to see other fans from other teams come together, and I love to learn more about other schools!

I believe NU allocates around 3,500 regardless of opponent; and sorry to break it to you Tbone but there wouldnt ever be an opportunity at TO Field for this "general seating" you speak of! :)

that is true NU has the smallest vistor section i have seen. Baylor has the largest :thumbs

Been reading this board since this ridiculous thread started. You guys are cool. Just wanted to let you know I went to my local sport store and bought me a red hat with a N on it. I will now follow you guys with a bit more attention. I can now call myself a "mild" Husker fan.

"If you can talk on Sunday, you wasted your ticket on Saturday."

Been reading this board since this ridiculous thread started. You guys are cool. Just wanted to let you know I went to my local sport store and bought me a red hat with a N on it. I will now follow you guys with a bit more attention. I can now call myself a "mild" Husker fan.

:thumbs Rock on, bud. Welcome.

Welcome, Welcome. Feel free to chime in on anything, anytime. :wasted

Dayum I wish we had scheduled Montana they have better fans! I think they would have bought up all the visitor tickets.

And when visitor tickets were sold out (assuming an insufficient allocation), we'd be contacting your ticket office to buy general seating tickets.

We travel well.

The city of Chattanooga — if I really am in Chattanooga — was awash in burgundy and silver on Thursday as Montana Grizzly fans streamed into town by the thousands......

It’s the morning before the 8 p.m. kickoff and I fully expect the UM nation to turn Finley Stadium into Washington-Grizzly Stadium East.

No team in I-AA supports its football team like the Grizzly fans do. Some 23,000 have shown up in Missoula every week for Montana’s 10 — yes, you read that right, 10 — home games.

On most weekends, families journey for hours from around the state for their pilgrimage to Missoula. (some from distances greater than 500 miles, despite snow, ice, etc.)

And many of those same fanatics have been clogging airports in Atlanta and Nashville, as well as Chattanooga, to arrive in time for another big game. So many in fact that they might want to change the name of this southern town to Missoulanooga for this weekend.

Montana fans take their football seriously.

BTW: How many visitor seats are usually allocated in Memorial (or does that depend on the opponent?)

There is no general seating we have sold out for the 270th or so straight game. Dont even compare. :bad

:cheers to blackshirt i have 4 season tickets and i have always wanted to go to a husker football game! would trade even if it was maine! i remember jonny rodgers NOW that was a player! good luck this year

Right on, we may have to discuss that, but realistically it probably wont be an option for me until next season. But if youre really interested, I would recommend posting a "swap request" in our Classifieds forum - never know what kinda bites you might get.

Thanks for the good wishes, and best of luck to the Mo-Grizz this season as well. :cheers

Been reading this board since this ridiculous thread started.  You guys are cool.  Just wanted to  let you know I went to my local sport store and bought me a red hat with a N on it.  I will now follow you guys with a bit more attention.  I can now call myself a "mild" Husker fan. 

Very nice man, appreciate the "mild" love! :) Just keep an eye on us this season and I wouldnt be surprised to hear that youve become a full fledged Husker hound. Trust me its happend before. From the outside looking in I can see how it may seem like we are a little too far up our own aZZes, but once you get a taste of Husker Nation firsthand theres usually no turning back! So if you just enjoy college fball get your ass out to Lincoln for a game and we'll make sure you get hooked up Husker style. (read my sig below for enough said :) ) And after that weekend I guarantee you'll own more than just a red hat. :thumbs Best of luck to your guys this season. :cheers