My Day At Traffic Court

So I arrive at the court planning to plead no contest to a recent driving violation I commited. As I look around the courtg room I began to see that I was the only person who knew that you were suppose to groom before comming to court. The guy next to me was in torn, ragged pants wigth a pink floyd t-shirt two sizes two small and he wasn't done he accessorized this outfit with a black mickey mouse hat with a neon blue bill.

After I enter my plea I stop by the snack shop to get a bottle of water to wash the terrible taste of having to pay 200 dolars out of my mouth. I place the water on the counter and hear a voice say "could you tell me what you have please." I look up to see that the cashier was blind, and I had to wonder how many free sodas people had walked out with because if preventing theft is a prority I would think that sight would be a job requirement.

Sorry for the rant just really mad about this fine.

You should fell grateful for only having to spend 200 dollars. Were I work I see people that plead guilty to driving under suspension for the first time and get 14-30 days in jail on top of court fees and other fees and most of the time if its their second offense you'll be more than likely to be serving 30-60 days in jail and court fees and other fees.

Hell even kids who get MIP's for their first time sometimes serve 7-14 days in jail plus the court fees and other fines. Maybe this sort of news will somewhat make you a little bit happier, if not sorry about the 200 dollars though.

So what was the violation? :)

Driving while suspended.

did they take you to jail when you got nabbed? also, be glad it happened when it did, now if you get caught doing that, the suspension time resets from the day you get caught driving on suspension... I think you got off fairly light. This was at the Omaha courthouse, yeah? I think I have seen that blind cashier before... how do they count the bills or know what denomination a customer is paying with???

Good stuff bro!! :snacks:

The Louisiana judges are pretty leniant if you explain yourself and have a clean driving record. The judges over in Texas however, they'll throw the book at you no matter what. And they'll pull you over for anything. Hell, I was riding with my A&M pal in Waco when he got pulled over. Wasn't speeding or swerving. The cop looked at his license and registration and cut him loose. We cannot explain it.