Milt Tenopir consulting with Cotton on OL schemes?

Nexus

As fans we often get caught up in the current moments outcomes and blow our cookies about stuff that makes perfect sense at the time.

I was very negative on Watts and Cotton, but having given consideration to the teams overall direction and current staff...my negative vibes were out of line.

Likethe last poster was saying " This doesn't change the fact that I get riled up about individual coaches (Wats, Cotton)... but I guess at the end of the day, I have to admit that the staff does appear to be functioning as a 'unit' as well."

That Chemistry isnt easy to get too, we've all seen the negative effects of turnover, a new identity every few years means no identity at all.

Reinventing your image by making changes to your self is responsible way of influencing everyone you work with.

There comes a time when you just need to sit back and say that some of the parts, have not gelled yet. Rather than go off half cocked best try patience....patience contains after all, its own reward, the difficulty is in the maturity to understand turmoil and shortcomings for what they are when they are happening.

When put in the proper context, of an holistic identity, we need to press on, shaping a better outcome and not failing those whose efforts are a real part of our developing chemistry.

Likethe last poster was saying " This doesn't change the fact that I get riled up about individual coaches (Wats, Cotton)... but I guess at the end of the day, I have to admit that the staff does appear to be functioning as a 'unit' as well."

That Chemistry isnt easy to get too, we've all seen the negative effects of turnover, a new identity every few years means no identity at all.

Agree with this.

And I'm glad as heck SOMEBODY's helping Cotton out with schemes.

As fans we often get caught up in the current moments outcomes and blow our cookies about stuff that makes perfect sense at the time.

I was very negative on Watts and Cotton, but having given consideration to the teams overall direction and current staff...my negative vibes were out of line.

Reinventing your image by making changes to your self is responsible way of influencing everyone you work with.

There comes a time when you just need to sit back and say that some of the parts, have not gelled yet. Rather than go off half cocked best try patience....patience contains after all, its own reward, the difficulty is in the maturity to understand turmoil and shortcomings for what they are when they are happening.

When put in the proper context, of an holistic identity, we need to press on, shaping a better outcome and not failing those whose efforts are a real part of our developing chemistry.

Totally agree. I've been riding Cotton like a mule since basically he got here. But when you look back and consider he was playing with a depthless, banged-up O-line, two hurt running backs, and a QB with a torn tendon in his elbow, you can't fault the guy too much. We did have a couple impressive rushing performances against allegedly good defenses. I'm still not completely sold on Cotton as a coach. If he can put together a line one of these years that has a certain dominant characteristic to it, I'll shut my yap for good. Until then jury's out.

regardless, this proves that the staff isn't afraid to look back so they can move forward.

This hits the nail on the head.

The fact of the matter is this: our OL had a lot of problems this year. They couldn't consistently blow opponents off of the ball, blocks were often missed, and our OL just seemed generally unenthusiastic to be out there popping people in the mouth.

I understand the injuries, but every team goes through them.

Plus, when you saw us run the option, it looked really sad 9 out of 10 times. The OL couldn't explode downfield, both quarterbacks deemed it necessary to back up nearly 5 yards after taking the snap (thus forcing themselves to have to gain more ground back), and the WR's were consistent perimeter blockers but it could have been much better. Not to mention the fact that they never made cuts up field or even considered pitching until they were near the sidelines.

I believe Bo sees all of these things, and is just trying every outlet he can find to fix the issues at hand.

Rumors, etc. Who knows for sure. But without a doubt this coaching staff is not afraid to explore and look back and ask successful former coaches for help. Unlike the former coaching regime this group does not think they "know it all" and force their schemes down everybody's throats. It is the strong point on this current staff along with the team first mentality that they have instilled. You can say all you want about Barney but he is on board. No doubt the o line needs some improvment and you can bet that nobody knows it more than Barney. He's workin his butt off to make that happen.

You are absolutely right!!