Three Game Series with Boise State

bbeerma2

I am not looking forward to having to watch a game on that ugly smurf turf :nutz

I don't have a problem paying them $1.5 million to play, because they are risking their rankings just as we are, and for them to come into Lincoln, it won't be a good day for them, I am sure.

They should have to pay us more just to step foot on that damn smurf turf, the NCAA needs to put some standards up for turfs, grass is green, that is just the way it ought to be. Talk about a major distraction...I think I will have to puke by halftime, and replace the beer goggles with really dark sunglasses, turn off the television, and just listen to the rest of the game on the radio. That is one place they don't have to worry about me showing up at.

I am not looking forward to having to watch a game on that ugly smurf turf :nutz

I don't have a problem paying them $1.5 million to play, because they are risking their rankings just as we are, and for them to come into Lincoln, it won't be a good day for them, I am sure.

They should have to pay us more just to step foot on that damn smurf turf, the NCAA needs to put some standards up for turfs, grass is green, that is just the way it ought to be. Talk about a major distraction...I think I will have to puke by halftime, and replace the beer goggles with really dark sunglasses, turn off the television, and just listen to the rest of the game on the radio. That is one place they don't have to worry about me showing up at.

I would be excited about playing on the smurf turf for one reason: To end that silly home winning streak of theirs. Oh, and I would love to see their stadium experience the sea of red. Maybe that would offset some of the ugliness of that stupid turf.

:bonez

That is Miami of Florida scheduled for 2015, correct? Wow how Tom's scheduling philosopy has changed

you couldn't be more wrong.

Care to expand?

teams didn't want to play nebraska, it got very hard to schedule games, nebraska and tom actually ended up scheduling west virginia after we got screw out of playing them for a national title the next year. which ended up ending west virginia's year(something like 5 starters were injured in the game for them)

Boise's slow balling Nebraska for a two and one.

In fact here's an article from huskerextra that expands on that and also adds input in how Nebraska is scheduling it's games.

http://www.huskerextra.com/articles/2010/01/17/football/doc4b525e997772a459155338.txt

I read this earlier today, I have to admit, it would be nice to have play them on the regular basis. But as far as i know. Nebraska has offered but Boise has not responded back whether they want to or not.

I was looking at some comments from Boise State fans on ESPN. They are insulted that we offered a 2-for-1 deal. They feel that they are above us in college football world now and that we owe them big respect for what they have done in the past 10 years. Give me a freakin' break!

I was looking at some comments from Boise State fans on ESPN. They are insulted that we offered a 2-for-1 deal. They feel that they are above us in college football world now and that we owe them big respect for what they have done in the past 10 years. Give me a freakin' break!

Sounds like those bandwagoners need a little history lesson (ok Boise children, let's sit down & learn how the University of Nebraska has dominated the college football landscape with its 5 national championships) :bonez

That's fine. If they are big time they need to stop demanding huge cash pay outs. If they are big time they should be paying US to play them.

If they're above us now, then why do they play in front crowds half the size of Memorial?

If they're above us now, then why do they play in front crowds half the size of Memorial?

Less than half. Some Nebraska fans tried to bring that up to them and they started saying that the NU fans were deflecting the point that Boise is above NU now. I don't think they realize the huge business aspect behind college football considering their program is a blip on big money radar.

From looking around the interwebs this morning, I've seen a few places where it says that TO made this offer to Boise almost 3 months ago and still hasn't heard a response of any sort. I know the first game would still be 5 years away, but come on. If made a business proposal to someone 3 months ago and hadn't heard anything from them, I would be pretty upset and take it that they are not seriously considering the offer.

Less than half. Some Nebraska fans tried to bring that up to them and they started saying that the NU fans were deflecting the point that Boise is above NU now. I don't think they realize the huge business aspect behind college football considering their program is a blip on big money radar.

From looking around the interwebs this morning, I've seen a few places where it says that TO made this offer to Boise almost 3 months ago and still hasn't heard a response of any sort. I know the first game would still be 5 years away, but come on. If made a business proposal to someone 3 months ago and hadn't heard anything from them, I would be pretty upset and take it that they are not seriously considering the offer.

Well we can all concede that Boise is above us right now when it comes to the rankings. No need to deflect that obvious point. But there's a difference between a snapshot of the rankings at any certain point and the overall state of the program, which includes tradition, facilities, fan base, national prestige, conference affiliation, etc. From that perspective, it's a no-brainer.

• Fire 1

There is a generally accepted formula for scheduling in division 1 football outlined in this article: Utah scheduling issues

Basically it says:

More fans : Less fans

1:1 to 3:2 warrants a home and away series

3:2 to 5:2 warrants a two for one series

5:2 to 1:0 warrants a one and done

Boise State at 33k is less than 2:1 compared to Nebraska's 86k, and so is simply not qualified for a home and home, using a widely recognized formula. They are playing a home and home with Oregon State and that fits as OSU averaged 42k in 2009.

TO has offered the proper schedule for who they are. Screw 'em if they want more.

There is a generally accepted formula for scheduling in division 1 football outlined in this article: Utah scheduling issues

Basically it says:

More fans : Less fans

1:1 to 3:2 warrants a home and away series

3:2 to 5:2 warrants a two for one series

5:2 to 1:0 warrants a one and done

Boise State at 33k is less than 2:1 compared to Nebraska's 86k, and so is simply not qualified for a home and home, using a widely recognized formula. They are playing a home and home with Oregon State and that fits as OSU averaged 42k in 2009.

TO has offered the proper schedule for who they are. Screw 'em if they want more.

Thanks for the education. I didn't know how that worked till now. In retrospect, I guess Boise St wants to continue NOT winning national championships in spite of undefeated seasons. Best of luck Broncos! dedhoarse