sCUm Recruiting Suffering

http://www.buffzone.com/ci_14227585?source=most_viewed

Crabtree said the uncertainty surrounding the future of the Colorado coaching staff combined with the lack of results on the field has led prospects elsewhere. It doesn`t help Colorado`s cause that Nebraska has rebounded nicely from its coaching change just two years ago and programs such as Arizona, Oregon State, UCLA, Utah and Boise State all either have returned to prominence or have finally reached it.

"I think any time you have uncertainty throughout the recruiting process and then still some lingering questions about (Hawkins`) future, that`s something that gets drilled into these kids` heads by other schools," Crabtree said. "I think that is something that has weighed heavily on this year`s recruiting class."

If that is true, Colorado could be in for another rough recruiting year in the 2011 cycle unless the Buffs turn things around on the field next fall against a tough schedule.

Kids will be running from this school. Anyone who knows CFB knows that Hawkins is just biding his time until they can afford to fire him. The kids know it, the fans know it, and their parents know it. The unfortunate person who gets to take over that program when Hawkins is fired will have a boatload of work to do. Hawkins and the CU head honcho's have set that school back at least a decade. I'll be surprised if they have a winning season in the next 7-10 years.

Kids will be running from this school. Anyone who knows CFB knows that Hawkins is just biding his time until they can afford to fire him. The kids know it, the fans know it, and their parents know it. The unfortunate person who gets to take over that program when Hawkins is fired will have a boatload of work to do. Hawkins and the CU head honcho's have set that school back at least a decade. I'll be surprised if they have a winning season in the next 7-10 years.

Thats a looooooong time not to have a single winning season. Now, while I wouldn't mind that happening :thumbs, I just don't see it. They will probably have a good year here and there, but for the most part you are correct the coach after Hawkins has his work cut out for him. :bluffs :bluffs