*******Official Vikings vs. Saints Thread*****

sarge87

This is not an * game. If the NFL wanted anyone in the Superbowl it would be Brett Farve. All the turn overs made it impossible for the who dats to lose. MN has no one to blame but themselves. I argee the ball was uncatchable but there was contact. The Saints won the game. Now we have to wait until august for Brett to decide whether he want to play catch and ride his tractor or be the QB for MN next year.

Put a TEXAS sized *on that one.

Why?

Calling a PI in overtime on a ball that was clearly out of reach by the receiver? That call totally gave them the game.

How about that roughing the passer Favre got but Brees didn't get.

Anyway great game.

Farve didn't get the call for getting hit below the knees by a blitzing defender, messing up his ankle. So both calls offset.

However, the difference between regular game and overtime is night and day. Vikes never got to touch the ball.

Great game and prolly the last we'll see up North in a while, because T. Jackson is another McNabb wannabe.

This is not an * game. If the NFL wanted anyone in the Superbowl it would be Brett Farve. All the turn overs made it impossible for the who dats to lose. MN has no one to blame but themselves. I argee the ball was uncatchable but there was contact. The Saints won the game. Now we have to wait until august for Brett to decide whether he want to play catch and ride his tractor or be the QB for MN next year.

Please....

What would make a better story? Favre winning the Super Bowl, or the NFL being able to exploit the avoidable tragedy of Hurricane Katrina? There will be human interest stories up the wazoo. It's a PR wet dream.

Maybe the NFL can get

to do their halftime show.

Please....

What would make a better story? Favre winning the Super Bowl, or the NFL being able to exploit the avoidable tragedy of Hurricane Katrina? There will be human interest stories up the wazoo. It's a PR wet dream.

Maybe the NFL can get

I agree but there is no way watching the game that you could say the calls early in the game did not go in MN favor. People will point to the PI call but there was contact and the reciever did a good job of acting.

Please....

Maybe the NFL can get

I agree but there is no way watching the game that you could say the calls early in the game did not go in MN favor. People will point to the PI call but there was contact and the reciever did a good job of acting.

That's the difference right there. Early calls didn't decide the outcome.

Anyhoo, good luck to the Saints, but I will be a closet Colts fan for one night.

The Ben Leber pass interference and the Asher Allen defensive holding calls will always go down in my books and in my head similar to the blocking foul called on Creighton during the 2006 NIT game against Miami with like 4 seconds left. YOU JUST DON'T CALL THOSE TYPES OF CALLS IN THOSE TYPES OF SITUATIONS. The Allen penalty gave the Saints a first down instead of a 3 and out, and the Leber penalty put them in field goal range. The refs gave the Saints something like 20 yards on a drive that started on the 40, they gave the Saints probably half the yards on the drive on controversial penalties.

It seems like the refs just up and decided that they would give the Saints the win after they won the coin toss. I don't think a single call went the Vikings way in OT besides the Brees fumble run where it was obvious that he didn't get the first.