This Staff's Effort

EZ-E

I was very critical of the staff in regards to who it seemed like we were losing during the season. It looks like they have put together a really good group. I will however reserve hugs and kiss and remain critical until we have his player on the field. All the star players in the system the past two year were not his recruits. This is and continues to be a work in progress.

Stars like Suh and Dillard were Callahan recruits, but they are Bo's players don't doubt that. Bo had to instill a culture that he wanted to get these players where he wanted them.

The other thing to consider is the level of talent on the team overall, they all contribute to the level of competition in practice and play a large part in the success of the team on the field. Of the 60 players listed on the most recent Offensive and Defensive 2-Deep Roster(that number includes WO's, Former WO's, and Scholarship Players), 23 were brought in under Bo. That is nearly 40% of the offensive and defensive 2-Deep rosters for the 2009 Unit that were recruited by Bo. Those players made contributions both on the field and in practices. Guys like PJ Smith, Alfonso Dennard, Brandon Kinnie, Will Compton, Cameron Meredith, Baker Steinkuhler, etc. There is a lot of talent there and next season you will see for the first time a 2-Deep Roster that will be 60% Bo recruits, if not higher. Yes a lot of the stars in 2009 were former Callahan recruits, but I think that is more the case because they were the Juniors and Seniors and more often than not those guys are the major contributors.

I am actually surprised at the lack of times we have heard about Eck and recruits. Last year Eck and JP were all anyone could talk about. I am not saying Eck isn't doing his job, but we just haven't really heard too much from him.

I was thinking the same. But then I realized that we didnt have too many backers on our radar this year outside of Lavonte.

One I forgot to mention is Tim Beck. His connections to the state of Texas alone speak for themselves.

Dudes... This staff is KILLER in recruiting. They have to work 5x as hard as other staffs in this country and they are killin' it. I'm predicting Owa, Carnes, and Cooper all in on signing day. I bet we take one additional too... maybe Simiek or Fulton. BAM!!

Pelini knows how to win players.

So are you a Dudette?

Dudes... This staff is KILLER in recruiting. They have to work 5x as hard as other staffs in this country and they are killin' it. I'm predicting Owa, Carnes, and Cooper all in on signing day. I bet we take one additional too... maybe Simiek or Fulton. BAM!!

So are you a Dudette?

:laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound :laughpound

So are you a Dudette?

Let's see, my name would indicate so.

So are you a Dudette?

Let's see, my name would indicate so.

Yeah that part is obvious, oh never mind.