Who is your favorite Nebraska RB?

ESPY

I think this is the game you're referring to - homecoming Halloween night 1992, both teams ranked #8, and we dominated to the tune of 52-7. And you might just find that Calvin Jones run in this highlight.

That's not the game. I was at that game - it was A BLAST.

The game I'm thinking of was played in the daylight.

Found the play it was Ahman green first play went for 57 yards in Colorado 1994. Was the game where Frazier almost got tackled but had enough strength to throw the ball to Green on the sideline. I was right about the Maryland I just wrong player. It's around the 7th run in his highlight video.

Ha! We're back to square one. That's the initial play that started this whole who-dunnit-vs-CU run. Oh well, kinda fun to remember the Carpenter TD in '89 & watch the Calvin Jones reel.

Found the play it was Ahman green first play went for 57 yards in Colorado 1994. Was the game where Frazier almost got tackled but had enough strength to throw the ball to Green on the sideline. I was right about the Maryland I just wrong player. It's around the 7th run in his highlight video.

Well, crum. It wasn't the 1994 game - Cory Schlesinger scored the first TD of that game on a 14-yard run.

I think it was the 1995 game at Colorado, which you were probably meaning, Red. I think that's the right game, but I can't find a youtube video of it at the moment.

Well, crum. It wasn't the 1994 game - Cory Schlesinger scored the first TD of that game on a 14-yard run.

I think it was the 1995 game at Colorado, which you were probably meaning, Red. I think that's the right game, but I can't find a youtube video of it at the moment.

Ahman's long run was in 95. The long Calvin Jones run was in the 2nd quarter in 92. Carpenter's 51 yard score from Gdowski was in 89 also at Boulder, in a game we lost.

Yeah it's probably 1995 it's in the 54 seconds of his highlight video. It's says first play 57 yard run play.

Yeah it's probably 1995 it's in the 54 seconds of his highlight video. It's says first play 57 yard run play.

Yep. I thought it was in Lincoln, but it was played in Boulder. But that's the play. I've poked around a little to see if I could come up with Tom's quote about how he wasn't surprised they scored right away, but no dice. I remember it very clearly, though.

I have seen most of our great running backs live. All that have been mentioned.

LP, Ahman, Jones, Hipp, Berns, Rozier, Redwine and many others.

But my favorite running back at Nebraska is and most likely will always be Cory Ross.

No other running back ever did as much with so little around him, carried a dying, stumbling program on his back and willing others around him to make every effort to win in spite of the coaching.

He may not have been as good as the others, I do not know, but I would give anything to have seen him run behind the lines and talent that the others had.

Cory Ross is what a Husker is supposed to be.

• Fire 1