First spring game would appreciate info

I will be getting tickets to the spring game when they go on sale. I live in Ohio now and will be bringing my wife and kids for their first experience in memorial stadium. I'm looking for the following information to help make their experience one to remember:

1. What areas can we visit before the game ? Can we look at indoor practice facility, weight room, trophy room, etc. ?

2. Will there be an opportunity to get players autographs ?

3. Would the best seats be around 50 yard line, as low as we can get ?

4. Any other things we should not miss ?

Thanks in advance for any helpful ideas.

I will be getting tickets to the spring game when they go on sale. I live in Ohio now and will be bringing my wife and kids for their first experience in memorial stadium. I'm looking for the following information to help make their experience one to remember:

1. What areas can we visit before the game ? Can we look at indoor practice facility, weight room, trophy room, etc. ?

If you are in east or west stadium and higher up, make sure you ask if they are obstructed view or not. got my folks tickets for the mizzou game two years ago, ticket office did not tell me they were obstructed view, but sure enough they ended up with a pillar blocking a third of the field

1. Don't know

2. As far as I know there is no "formal" way of getting autographs, but fans have always been free to walk on the field after the game and several players always stay out and visit/sign autographs, as do recruits.

3. Yes, but you don't want to go down too far, otherwise you'll have players on the sidelines blocking your view. Row 15 (in my opinion) is about as low as you would want to go if you're on a sideline.

it should all be kicking off like a regular game... so take the kids to the Weir track, northeast corner of stadium for the family zone set up. Otherwise, going down

the student union should be a good way to entertain the youngins.

There really isnt a bad seat in the house, never heard anyone complain about obstructed views, so my guess is that guy was sitting underneath one of the balconies, but

even there they have TVs going so you can see it all.

BRING SUNSCREEN! Unless you like a half a sun burn...

beyond that, I dont think autographs will be part of the festivities, but you never know. Fan Day in August is the time for autographs. :koolaid2:

wait around after the game til most everyone clears out, security will mosey off and you can walk down onto the field. honestly. walk into the tunnel walk, take some pics, and if your patient, players will start coming out and you can get autographs. no guarantees as to who you will get, but there will be plenty of hulking guys pouring out. might get lucky and see a player you recognize, but either way, you'll get something.

morril hall is great for the kids. just east of the stadium, right next to the track, you'll find the coliseum/rec center. it will be open, you can use bathrooms in here, and best of all, see were the volleyball team plays, and all of their national championship trophys, etc. very cool. its also easiest to get into the indoor field attached to this building (cook pavillion) as compared to the new one. it can be done, but ive never tried during a spring game. :dunno

biggest thing is dont be shy--this is Nebraska, people are friendly. if you feel uncomfortable going somewhere, find someone that looks like they run things, ask them, and i bet youll like the results.

interactive Campus Map

it should all be kicking off like a regular game... so take the kids to the Weir track, northeast corner of stadium for the family zone set up. Otherwise, going down

the student union should be a good way to entertain the youngins.

There really isnt a bad seat in the house, never heard anyone complain about obstructed views, so my guess is that guy was sitting underneath one of the balconies, but

even there they have TVs going so you can see it all.

BRING SUNSCREEN! Unless you like a half a sun burn...

beyond that, I dont think autographs will be part of the festivities, but you never know. Fan Day in August is the time for autographs. :koolaid2:

THIS!!!!! I speak from experience.