What if we go 0-3

Hey board. My name is Dustin from Texas. HUGE Husker fan! Just live in the wrong state. Long time lurker, first time poster.

Anyway,

I don't want to be a negative nancy here, but what if we end up going 0-3 on the big 3 of Owa, Cooper, and obviously Carnes? We tend to take a sky is falling approach when things like that happen. Carnes looks like he is gone, the more I read about Cooper, the more I worry about him going to ND. And Owa wanted to go to UCLA back in December. What if we don't get any of them? I am not going to remain cautiously optimistic. Just something in my guts tells me we may not get any of them and I sure hope I am wrong.

• Fire 1

If that happens (I would bet we'll get one of Owa/Cooper, Carnes is out the window apparently) then we'll see Marsh come on as part of this year's class (could happen now that Carnes is out anyway), and we may see a guy like Denton Simek join our class at the last minute (former TTech OL commit). Other than that, start building on what could be a great class for next year. Turner, Reeves and Moore are going to be huge building blocks and even bigger recruiting tools. Not to take away attention from the 2010 class or anything, they'll be great, but 2011's class is shaping up to be amazing.

Even though this is a new staff due to our history I don't expect we will get any of the 3. Owa I think will go to Oregon State, Cooper will go to ND. I just hope that everybody else that is a verbal will stay and we won't have any defectors but it sounds like we will probably end up with at least one.

Even though this is a new staff due to our history I don't expect we will get any of the 3. Owa I think will go to Oregon State, Cooper will go to ND. I just hope that everybody else that is a verbal will stay and we won't have any defectors but it sounds like we will probably end up with at least one.

what do you mean "due to our history" you don't expect we will get any of the three? you talking about the last 15 years or so, w/ recruits usually going the other way...or the last couple of years? I think we end up w/ Owa, and I'm leaning towards us getting Cooper as well. Then I think...we'll have a surprise. I'm hoping it Simek, but I think there will be something we weren't expecting.

In the transition year, Bo landed 9 recruits between 1/27 and the first week in February. Last year we picked up Martin really late. I doubt it will be a 4*, but I think we'll see another player signing sometime after Wednesday.

Like Fuzzy said, we press on. Let's not forget that we have 19 other commits who chose to stick it out with their oral commitments throughout this long recruiting process. Don't get me wrong, Owa & Cooper would be nice to have, but they don't make or break the team. So regardless of tomorrow's outcome, we should stay positive and celebrate those kids who chose to be N. We will be fine, one way or the other. The important thing to remember is how hard our staff worked in getting this far with these top-notch prospects this late in the game. They're starting to find their mojo in the recruiting game as evidenced by the early 2011 commits.

Like someone else already suggested, we're really only after two players heading into tomorrow, since Carnes has already committed to WKU. In the meantime, enjoy the roller coaster ride and hope for the best.

As much as we all want all three or any combo. of the three, if we lose all of them, it's not the end of the world. Will they be great, maybe, maybe not..... We should CELEBRATE the guys who do sign and make them feel welcome instead of spending time crying about the one's that got away.

If I was a newly signed recruit for NU and thought that NU had the best fans in the nation, I would sure be disappointed to sign a letter, then get onto a board and see nothing positive concerning the signees, and only see bitching and whining about others.

Embrace the signees and wish the other good luck. CLASS !!!

• Fire 1

Nothing changes if we get all of them or if we don't get any of them, the coaching staff will take the guys we get and the ones we already have and make them better. There is no reason to doubt this based on the things they have done already, especially on the defensive side. Landing any of them will help but it doesn't make the class. We will sign good players and with coaching a few of them could end up great.

If we go 0-3 with these big names, it will direct our attention to 3 main things. 1) the 2010 class we ended up with (still pretty solid IMO). 2) the strong start we have to the 2011 recruiting class. 3) and this might be the most important, how our current Huskers are developing, especially those who redshirted in '09 b/c there's a bunch of them who will make an impact in the fall.

If I remember correctly, Green was just as highly touted a dual-threat QB as Carnes. He came into a tough situation last season as a true frosh, and something tells me we'll see significant improvement & confidence from him. We have a slew of redshirt OL who will enter the picture in 2010, and they will get lots of gametime experience, which will benefit the whole offense (hopefully) now & definitely in the long run. Without Owa on the Dline, we'll still get the pleasure of watching the development of young guys like Jason Ankrah, Josh Williams & Thaddeus Randle. And, if we miss out on Cooper, we have great young talent in the secondary with PJ Smith & Dijon Washington.