Missouri Gets Third 2011 Commitment

4.31....high ceiling is right. Mizzou is seriously scarring me with the way they are recruiting offense.

Meh. They can still only have 5 WR on the field at a time. Having 20+ WR and 10 QBs isn't a huge advantage. Plus it appears that Pinkel is willing to stack the skill positions and neglect the lines. If I were a Missouri fan I might be concerned about that.

4.31....high ceiling is right. Mizzou is seriously scarring me with the way they are recruiting offense.

Meh. They can still only have 5 WR on the field at a time. Having 20+ WR and 10 QBs isn't a huge advantage. Plus it appears that Pinkel is willing to stack the skill positions and neglect the lines. If I were a Missouri fan I might be concerned about that.

acctually our lines are in good condition. Our O line is young and pretty stacked with size and talent. D line will depend on ACT's. Really depending on what MU does in the 2011 class they are in pretty good shape

#4 committed today. Anthony Pierson from St. Louis - expected to be one of the top recruits in the state. 4.4 speed, ran for over 2000 yards last season but want to be a cornerback, bless his heart.

All jokes aside, Missouri's 2011 class is shaping up nicely. I'd still argue that Pinkel is neglecting the big uglies . . . but your collection of skill position players and DBs is impressive.

Richardson played really well and was pretty dominant this year in juco. He will redshirt this upcoming season and, if all goes to plan will enroll at MU in December of this year with 3 for 3 left starting in 2011.

As for Leftwich, he is a high ceiling guy. Still learning to use his speed on the field. He broke Percy Harvin's 40 record at the JR All-American combine right after new years. Ran a 4.31 on what some say is a slow track. The kid flys, but from all accounts i have heard is still learning to use it on the field.

:o

I probably couldn't run a 20 that fast.

Richardson played really well and was pretty dominant this year in juco. He will redshirt this upcoming season and, if all goes to plan will enroll at MU in December of this year with 3 for 3 left starting in 2011.

As for Leftwich, he is a high ceiling guy. Still learning to use his speed on the field. He broke Percy Harvin's 40 record at the JR All-American combine right after new years. Ran a 4.31 on what some say is a slow track. The kid flys, but from all accounts i have heard is still learning to use it on the field.

A 4.31 40 and he's white? Sorry, not buying it.

A 4.31 40 and he's white? Sorry, not buying it.

:rollin

That forty time will change once you put full gear on a kid. There has been tones of kids who run 4.4 this or 4.3 that but have often lacked elusiveness or agility.

So the point ultimately being his forty on field, in game conditions,will maybe be a 4.4 time.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how fast you can go, but for how long you can go that fast because your best opportunities will be open later on rather than earlier.

This is my long drawn out way of basically saying don't put ton's of faith in forty times, they give us a rough idea of how fast they are, not how good a player they are. chuckleshuffle

That forty time will change once you put full gear on a kid. There has been tones of kids who run 4.4 this or 4.3 that but have often lacked elusiveness or agility.

So the point ultimately being his forty on field, in game conditions,will maybe be a 4.4 time.

At the end of the day it doesn't matter how fast you can go, but for how long you can go that fast because your best opportunities will be open later on rather than earlier.

This is my long drawn out way of basically saying don't put ton's of faith in forty times, they give us a rough idea of how fast they are, not how good a player they are. chuckleshuffle

agreed. He did score over 21% of the time he touched the ball. Avg. 9 yrds a carry and over 22 a catch. So he showed ability and explosivness. However he only touched the ball 37 times. That is my concern and why i said that he is still learning to use it. He is a kid that if he puts it all together could be really special. If not he is at the very least, a good athelete

acctually our lines are in good condition. Our O line is young and pretty stacked with size and talent. D line will depend on ACT's. Really depending on what MU does in the 2011 class they are in pretty good shape

Ya, they sure looked great against the 'Skers last year.