St Louis Rams fed up with Huskers?

They remain one draft pick short of having their full complement of players in training camp. Namely, third-round draft pick Richie Incognito.

Incognito still is recovering from offseason kneecap surgery, and at minimum remains several weeks away from being able to practice. The priority for the Rams was signing their healthy draft picks.

But with all the other 2005 draft picks signed and practicing, Incognito remains in a contract stalemate with the Rams. In fact, things have reached the point that Incognito's agent said his client might never show up.

"I would say it's a viable option for him to sit out the season and re-enter the draft in 2006," the agent, Jack Scharf, said

Rest of Article here

First Crouch and now Incognito. Sooner or later, the Rams are not going to waste a draft pick on a Husker player after all the trouble they have had recently with Huskers. This is looking bad for our future players. He is given the chance to play in the NFL and this is what he and his agent are doing? Please make room so i can vomit.

Don't forget about Larry Phillips. Groce, Wistrom and Weigert did alright. Was Tobey Wright drafted by the Rams?

I was going to bring up LP as well. LP, Crouch, and now Incognito to one team-- OUCH. at least Demorrio Williams seems to be patching things up in Atlanta after the Pickens and Booker disasters.

then of course, Wistrom is now gone, as is Weigert. Toby was great but only for a short few years. it looks like Groce may start some of this year. though Martz apparently still hasn't really figured out what a great return man Groce can be (may give him another crack at it this year though?)

i don't believe i've ever defended RI before but it does suck that the Rams are offering 4th round $$ to a 3rd rounder. but what will waiting till 2006 help?!? He's dreaming if he thinks he'll be picked in the 3rd round again. if even the 4th. its either 4th round $$ now or less $$ in a lower round next year. and that's if anyone is even willing to waste another draft pick on him.

yeah its below the market, but suck it up RI, its gonna be a lot more money than you'll get if you wait.

it looks like Groce may start some of this year. though Martz apparently still hasn't really figured out what a great return man Groce can be (may give him another crack at it this year though?)

Groce had a chance in 2003 and he had a problem hanging onto the football and got shelved after that. I'm not sure if he got any return chances last year. As far as Incognito goes, he is a jarhead idiot. Had to figure he would screw this up too.

He may be an idiot, but look at how many of the draft picks in the earlier rounds held out to see what the players around them got offered. It is all just a selfish circle that will continue to get worse no matter what player it is. Pretty soon the non-drafted free agents are going to be holding out for more money. :sarcasm

RI has the skills to be an excellent center in the NFL, he just has to get it together.....I see it happening.

RI seemed to have a worse anger management problem than LP both on and off the field. Bad thing was, he was a dominate player. BC has shown that he will only tolerate bad behavior to a certain point. Maybe he had instituted the 3 strike rule?

Far as the Lambs go, I dont think anybody has ever twisted their collective arm to draft a NU player. If they didnt draft them someone else probably would have.

Always

GBR

from what I know Groce has redeemed the starting punt return spot for STL, and who knows with Butler being out for the rams, hopefully Groce will step up this year...

b/c of Butler getting hurt Groce has the best shot at starting. and Martz has been very complimentary of Groce's performance in training camp.

DJ's right, Groce fumbled twice, i believe in preseason a couple years ago? only this year was Martz even giving him another look as a return man. though I haven't seen much on that lately, and Groce didn't get any touches in their last preseason game. maybe the Rams don't want to risk more injuries to an already thin secondary...?

as for RI. good lineman. but probably looked better b/c he was next to guys that weren't exactly on par with our typical '90s Pipelines.

besides, what was the guy really worth to the team when his classless BS on the field cost us field position from his occasional personal foul penalties? anyone recall his brilliant drive-stopping penalty in the 2002 CU game?

I wish him well in the NFL but that CU game and his embarrassing antics against Michigan State (though they had their share of jackasses too) is how i will remember Richie's time as a Husker, no matter what he does from here on out.

CB DeJuan Groce

(On having the starting position after Jerametrius Butler’s injury)

“No, it isn’t too much pressure. There’s the pressure on myself to perform every week. That’s the only person that I put the pressure on is myself. The same thing happened last year, so when [Travis] Fisher went out I had to step up and play. It was like that the whole season.”

(On having new linebackers in front of him)

“It’s nice. It’s nice, just having those veteran guys in the middle helping us younger guys on the outside, telling us we don’t have to worry about any runs coming up the middle. It’s pretty exciting. The coaches did a real good job getting them here.”

sounds good to me.....