Another Huskers could win it all article- Rivals version

irieboy8

When it got down to #5 it only had three teams remaining: Ohio State, Virginia Tech, and the Skers. I wouldn't mind getting a little payback against V Tech but playing against Ohio State would probably be a better game to watch with our defense against Terrelle Pryor.

And the fact that tOSU always finds a way to embarrass themselves and the Little 11 in the NC game.

2002 National Championship

#2 Ohio State 31 #1 Miami 24

I'm tired of hearing how they choke in every big game give me

a break.

It's arguable that the refs handed Ohio State the NC vs Miami. At the very least they recieved numerous fortunate big flags that kept their hopes in that game alive. Even with all the ref's flags in their favor they won by the skin of their teeth.

The two NC games after that game were total blowout losses for Ohio State and as exciting to watch as paint drying. Both of the NC SEC teams simply made Ohio State look silly and completely undeserving to be in the game.

Also, until this year the Big10 has been getting crushed in bowl games for the previous five years with comic regularity. Hardly improving Ohio State's reputation.

Lastly, this year even a down and out USC managed to stomp Ohio State.

How else is one to summarize the Buckeyes? Maybe not "chokers" but certainly not a top five program. They benefit greatly from playing in a marginal BCS conference and with no conference championship game. That's all.

When it got down to #5 it only had three teams remaining: Ohio State, Virginia Tech, and the Skers. I wouldn't mind getting a little payback against V Tech but playing against Ohio State would probably be a better game to watch with our defense against Terrelle Pryor.

And the fact that tOSU always finds a way to embarrass themselves and the Little 11 in the NC game.

a break.

It's arguable that the refs handed Ohio State the NC vs Miami. At the very least they recieved numerous fortunate big flags that kept their hopes in that game alive. Even with all the ref's flags in their favor they won by the skin of their teeth.

The two NC games after that game were total blowout losses for Ohio State and as exciting to watch as paint drying. Both of the NC SEC teams simply made Ohio State look silly and completely undeserving to be in the game.

Also, until this year the Big10 has been getting crushed in bowl games for the previous five years with comic regularity. Hardly improving Ohio State's reputation.

How else is one to summarize the Buckeyes? Maybe not "chokers" but certainly not a top five program. They benefit greatly from playing in a marginal BCS conference and with no conference championship game. That's all.

Not a Ohio St an, just a fan of clarity. USC had to drive across the field with time winding down to beat Ohio St. Hardly a stomping. And those same Buckeyes beat the Ducks in the Rose Bowl this year, breaking I believe a ten year Big 10 drought.

Just sayin.

Like zoogies said, just getting to the NC game 3 times in 6 years is heck of a feat nowadays. also saying they choke in 'every big game' is ridiculous...

2002 NC WIN vs MIAMI

2003 FIESTA WIN vs KSTATE

2005 FIESTA WIN vs NOTRE DAME

2006 '#1 vs #2' WIN @ TEXAS

2006 '#1 vs #2' WIN vs MICHIGAN

some big wins vs top 10 or 15 Penn ST and WISCONSIN

2009 ROSE WIN vs OREGON

heck, i would even say that in big games tressel is one of the best. dont focus on the 2007 NC debacle vs LSU where no team deserved a title that year

a break.

clearly was Pass Interference if that is what you were getting at..

post-7895-126557802186.jpg