Becoming a true husker fan

You want to be a husker fan. 1st thing i would recomend is do some reading and watch some videos. This one is awsome and longer then the other one.

2nd get yourself some gear. A simple shirt and hat will do.

3rd At some point in your life you must go to a game. You just dont know what 86thousand plus fans sound like until your in the stadium. I was packed like sardines in memorial when we beat oklahoma. Cried like a baby, was one of my best days ever.

Finally. To be a husker fan is more then the 1st 3 things. Its something you feel and something you are. The quotes on the stadium are how some people live there lives. Nebraska fans are consider buy most to be the greatest fans in college football. Not only for there enthuasim but there knowledge and respect for the game. You want to talk about something, how about how nebraska which doesnt have that huge of a population west of lincoln. And yet when you talk about the USCs and the Flordias of the world. Other college teams with huge recruting potential we are right there with them. Always talked about every year. The passion of the fans for there team and the teammembers for there school is something special. Its about 5 national championships, 3 Heisman Trophys, Its about owning a decade of college football. Its about watching other teams cringe when they go up against the blackshirts. Its about Bob Devaney, Tom Osbourne. Its about history and tradition. The horseshoe, The Victory Bell, The oklahoma, missouri, colorado rivalry. Releasing the Red Baloons. Its about Blackshirts and Go Big Red. Most people from oposing teams HATE nebraska for what we as a team and we as fans are and do. They cant touch half of what we as a whole accomplish.

That is what it means to be a nebraska fan, a true nebraska fan. You might not understand it all now but give it soem time and look into it. You might tier up when you see someof the videos of old and feel the energy from the crowd.

You want to be a husker fan. 1st thing i would recomend is do some reading and watch some videos. This one is awsome and longer then the other one.

2nd get yourself some gear. A simple shirt and hat will do.

3rd At some point in your life you must go to a game. You just dont know what 86thousand plus fans sound like until your in the stadium. I was packed like sardines in memorial when we beat oklahoma. Cried like a baby, was one of my best days ever.

Finally. To be a husker fan is more then the 1st 3 things. Its something you feel and something you are. The quotes on the stadium are how some people live there lives. Nebraska fans are consider buy most to be the greatest fans in college football. Not only for there enthuasim but there knowledge and respect for the game. You want to talk about something, how about how nebraska which doesnt have that huge of a population west of lincoln. And yet when you talk about the USCs and the Flordias of the world. Other college teams with huge recruting potential we are right there with them. Always talked about every year. The passion of the fans for there team and the teammembers for there school is something special. Its about 5 national championships, 3 Heisman Trophys, Its about owning a decade of college football. Its about watching other teams cringe when they go up against the blackshirts. Its about Bob Devaney, Tom Osbourne. Its about history and tradition. The horseshoe, The Victory Bell, The oklahoma, missouri, colorado rivalry. Releasing the Red Baloons. Its about Blackshirts and Go Big Red. Most people from oposing teams HATE nebraska for what we as a team and we as fans are and do. They cant touch half of what we as a whole accomplish.

That is what it means to be a nebraska fan, a true nebraska fan. You might not understand it all now but give it soem time and look into it. You might tier up when you see someof the videos of old and feel the energy from the crowd.

wow, well put my friend....that was a solid post.

relatively new to Husker Nation....going to be honest with you guys i did bet agains't them vs Missouri this past year. Been a casual husker fan for a few years now sorta flip flopping between a few other college teams mainly Cal and Penn State. Being that i am from canada and the coverage on one specific school is next to none, we just get whatever regional coverage ABC/ESPN has on saturday nights thats mainly why. It wasn't since this last year that we finally got ESPN Thursday Night football on a regular basis. Anyways ive decided that i wanna stick by nebraska and become a true fan. So what is the best websites to follow for recruiting? Any live broadcasts online? or radio calls online? like i said im lucky if im able to watch one husker game a year. Thanks again for the advice in advance!!

You can't be a Husker and a PSUcks fan, it's just against natural law.

That is a dumb law :). They are pretty similar mojos...

Oh..Muskie

lynn.jpg

So..

D'ya flatten your barbs?

I had no idea they got that big.

(I actually touched a fishing pole last Saturday for the first time in over 30 years..My Son and I then almost got kicked out of walmart for the impromptu sword fight).

That's a great picture, but I thought you were talking about fish.

T_O_B

:corndance