Nebraska vs. Baylor

redout22

Man if only we could play the 2nd half like we did the 1st half. My thoughts are Doc should have stayed to what was working in the 1st half and keep the players that were hot to start the 2nd half. I know he is loyal to people but that has to go in order for us to win. Happy with the effort but thats not good enough anymore.

Man if only we could play the 2nd half like we did the 1st half. My thoughts are Doc should have stayed to what was working in the 1st half and keep the players that were hot to start the 2nd half. I know he is loyal to people but that has to go in order for us to win. Happy with the effort but thats not good enough anymore.

It's the same story every game. Great first halves, and then WTF!

I was incredibly disappointed in the fans tonight. After Baylor got the stop up 1 they were going to the free throw line. Even if they make both it's still a one possession game. Yet fans walk out on them. That's ridiculous. They ended up missing one and we had a shot to tie or win it. Not many people stuck around to see it. Granted we should have won that game and that last sequence was completely horrendous to watch, but come on. Show some support for these guys. This coming from someone who stays the whole game no matter what, but leaving when your team has a very VERY legitimate shot at overtime or even winning, there's no reason to leave. Too bad those people didn't miss an amazing buzzer beater.

the crowd was lousy, BUT... this team kinda deserves that. hell, right now doc deserves that. i will always stay til the bitter end of any nu event, just cause i think that's what true fans should do, but it was obvious that game was over. after the previous three possessions did you really think we could score in nine seconds to send it to overtime? as for doc's coaching....i really have issues. obviously i am not a coach, nor do i pretend to be able to coach at the division i level, but come one. when you play peewee ball in elementary or play jr. high ball, you learn 1 - how to shoot; 2 - how to dribble; 3 - how to pass. the next most basic thing you learn is after you pass the ball, you MOVE. our guards stand. no one moves. no one. it's ridiculous. also didn't like starting the second half with the original starters, those were not the hot guys, in fact three of them didn't play the last umpteen minutes of the first half, so why start them again?! and perhaps the worst of all, myles holley was the stud of the game. he gave a spark and was giving the most effort of any of the guys. he makes a three point play at a pivotal moment towards the end of the game, doc then PULLS HIM FROM THE GAME AND DOESN"T REINSERT HIM?!?!?! again, i am not the coach, but come on. why? why? i wish brian rosenthal or someone would start to question some of these things. unfortunately, no radio stations talk about it (other than sports nightly which is afraid to criticize coaches, and 1620 which just laughs and moves on) and all the journal star does is report how the game goes but rosenthal never gives an opinion on the coaching. i like doc and wish to keep him, but he needs to be held accountable. just saying "this loss is on me" is not good enough. figure out an offense and play the guys that will help you win. this is getting absolutely ridiculous. ridiculous

I was incredibly disappointed in the fans tonight. After Baylor got the stop up 1 they were going to the free throw line. Even if they make both it's still a one possession game. Yet fans walk out on them. That's ridiculous. They ended up missing one and we had a shot to tie or win it. Not many people stuck around to see it. Granted we should have won that game and that last sequence was completely horrendous to watch, but come on. Show some support for these guys. This coming from someone who stays the whole game no matter what, but leaving when your team has a very VERY legitimate shot at overtime or even winning, there's no reason to leave. Too bad those people didn't miss an amazing buzzer beater.

People left because they are all too familiar with NU b-ball and their refusal/ inability to win.

Until NU Basketball and the team can get their act together and start to win, people will leave early because it's what they know. Here's an idea - if they want people in the seats at opening top off and until the final buzzer - start winning.

the crowd was lousy, BUT... this team kinda deserves that. hell, right now doc deserves that. i will always stay til the bitter end of any nu event, just cause i think that's what true fans should do, but it was obvious that game was over. after the previous three possessions did you really think we could score in nine seconds to send it to overtime? as for doc's coaching....i really have issues. obviously i am not a coach, nor do i pretend to be able to coach at the division i level, but come one. when you play peewee ball in elementary or play jr. high ball, you learn 1 - how to shoot; 2 - how to dribble; 3 - how to pass. the next most basic thing you learn is after you pass the ball, you MOVE. our guards stand. no one moves. no one. it's ridiculous. also didn't like starting the second half with the original starters, those were not the hot guys, in fact three of them didn't play the last umpteen minutes of the first half, so why start them again?! and perhaps the worst of all, myles holley was the stud of the game. he gave a spark and was giving the most effort of any of the guys. he makes a three point play at a pivotal moment towards the end of the game, doc then PULLS HIM FROM THE GAME AND DOESN"T REINSERT HIM?!?!?! again, i am not the coach, but come on. why? why? i wish brian rosenthal or someone would start to question some of these things. unfortunately, no radio stations talk about it (other than sports nightly which is afraid to criticize coaches, and 1620 which just laughs and moves on) and all the journal star does is report how the game goes but rosenthal never gives an opinion on the coaching. i like doc and wish to keep him, but he needs to be held accountable. just saying "this loss is on me" is not good enough. figure out an offense and play the guys that will help you win. this is getting absolutely ridiculous. ridiculous

Great post pretty much sums it up. When a team (Baylor) plays zone deffense and figures out in the second

half that we can play man to man against NU and does it really stinks. Baylor does not play man to man

deff. But any team in the country can play it against us because we don't set picks and move like bball

backer said. It doesn't help either when your only 2 senior STARTERS don't score a single point.

People left because they are all too familiar with NU b-ball and their refusal/ inability to win.

Until NU Basketball and the team can get their act together and start to win, people will leave early because it's what they know. Here's an idea - if they want people in the seats at opening top off and until the final buzzer - start winning.

It seemed to work for the Women's team