Anyone else worried about MU?

i dont thinks its really all that close. hell gabbert is the only player they have left!!! they will likely be worse than they were last season and they lost to fricken NAVY.....and it wasnt close.

count me in as not worried...

Sometimes I think you are the most uninformed poster on this board. Quick to poke your nose in, but you never know what you are talking about. :facepalm: God I hope you are just trying to be smart, please tell me this is not serious. FWI B, Mu had the youngest 2 deep roster in college football last year. They return nearly everybody. Last years team was extremely young. Just because 2 of the 3 players you happen to know graduated, doesnt mean there is nobody left. :facepalm:

Melscott,

There has been talk about changing some of the things in the system, specifically the running game and using H-backs and two back sets. I hope its true, but I will hold back any excitement until I see it on the field.

i dont thinks its really all that close. hell gabbert is the only player they have left!!! they will likely be worse than they were last season and they lost to fricken NAVY.....and it wasnt close.

Sometimes I think you are the most uninformed poster on this board. Quick to poke your nose in, but you never know what you are talking about. :facepalm: God I hope you are just trying to be smart, please tell me this is not serious. FWI B, Mu had the youngest 2 deep roster in college football last year. They return nearly everybody. Last years team was extremely young. Just because 2 of the 3 players you happen to know graduated, doesn’t mean there is nobody left. :facepalm:

Melscott,

There has been talk about changing some of the things in the system, specifically the running game and using H-backs and two back sets. I hope its true, but I will hold back any excitement until I see it on the field.

<_<

my bad, you have a few players returning. but to say that you have any players the caliber of alexander and weatherspoon is ridiculous and frankly inaccurate. Smith is returning obviously, but on an average at best Dline. Yes you have other players returning and you are correct about the 2 deep being the youngest in college ball last season, but what does that really mean when you couldnt beat either Baylor or Navy? I know plenty about MU fro and quite frankly i think sometimes you are quite uninformed about your own team and tend to be a huge homer. however, i guess you will see who is right this coming season just like you did last season when i (and many others) said the same thing about MU being middle of the pack at best and you decided that you would get very defensive.......good luck with that.

Sometimes I think you are the most uninformed poster on this board. Quick to poke your nose in, but you never know what you are talking about. :facepalm: God I hope you are just trying to be smart, please tell me this is not serious. FWI B, Mu had the youngest 2 deep roster in college football last year. They return nearly everybody. Last years team was extremely young. Just because 2 of the 3 players you happen to know graduated, doesn’t mean there is nobody left. :facepalm:

Melscott,

Well, Fro, in b-rent's defense MU did lose their best player on offense and their best player on defense. I know most MU fans expect to just plug in the next crop of wide receivers and not see any drop off . . . but they said the same thing when MU lost Daniel, Coffman, and Maclin.

Also . . . NU returns literally everyone except the center on offense . . . but that doesn't mean I expect the offense to be great.

• Fire 1

I know everyone hates them and I'm right there with yal on that but MU scares me for some reason this year. Gabbert has a lot of talent and I think he will eventually be a first round draft pick. If he reads the messages boards at all he probably wants to beat us more than any other team. If they don't move to the big ten they will be our toughest north opponent until he graduates. Pinkle isn't that great of a game coach but has done a decent job recruiting. This season they will be a tough game but I'm more worried about the following two years with Gabbert at qb. Thoughts?

Well... Missouri is young, returns much of their talent (yes they do lose some of their top on D and O --- but, generally, return quite a bit), and they have a QB who is now experienced and clearly quite good (as much as NU fans like myself find it hard to admit). Further, MU is not at all as poorly coached as some here suggest. certainly, our coaches are extraordinarily good and a step or two above that at MU --- sure --- but MU has solid coaching too. It could be argued that MU, in terms of top to bottom talent --- just raw talent --- is at NU's level and likely a tad higher. So....

Yes, MU is a worthy opponent that is to be reckoned with. To not respect the talent and the potential of the Tigers would be quite the mistake. Of course, Bo and company know this better than do we and will not, in any way, take them lightly. Because of who we have as a coaching staff and because of our defense, I would certainly give NU the nod over MU for the immediate future (next year at any rate). Though, much depends on how the NU offense rolls. If our O improves a good deal (to the level of say... a decent offense) then NU is the solid favorite.

So... fear MU. No. Not really. Somewhat wary of them.... yes. NU must be at its best (and I think they will be) --- so that MU, while a legit challenge, should be a challenge that NU is ready for and will overcome. But do not take MU lightly.

I know everyone hates them and I'm right there with yal on that but MU scares me for some reason this year. Gabbert has a lot of talent and I think he will eventually be a first round draft pick. If he reads the messages boards at all he probably wants to beat us more than any other team. If they don't move to the big ten they will be our toughest north opponent until he graduates. Pinkle isn't that great of a game coach but has done a decent job recruiting. This season they will be a tough game but I'm more worried about the following two years with Gabbert at qb. Thoughts?

People said the same thing about Josh Freeman. Had all the tangibles, yet he couldn't make use of them. Until Gabbert puts a few CONSECUTIVE good performances together, Missouri shouldn't "scare" us. They do always put up a fight, usually only in Columbia.

Although Gabbert did amass a huge amount of yards for a sophomore, they still struggled mightily on offense against teams they shouldn't have (Bowling Green, Baylor, Navy)...

Melscott,

Well, Fro, in b-rent's defense MU did lose their best player on offense and their best player on defense. I know most MU fans expect to just plug in the next crop of wide receivers and not see any drop off . . . but they said the same thing when MU lost Daniel, Coffman, and Maclin.

Also . . . NU returns literally everyone except the center on offense . . . but that doesn't mean I expect the offense to be great.

Your right that there is no such thing as a plug and play. And you cant always replace great players. But some schools have had good runs at possitions. Alexander had the greatest season ever for a MU WR. He easily replaced Maclins production. People said there was no replacing Brad Smith, or Justin Gage. Does that mean there is another one right behind every good player?. No. But its a situation very simular to NE on D. Its pretty hopeful to believe that all those good players will be replaced and in some peoples claims, be replaced by better players.

And you are right that if its crap and you return it, your probably returning crap. But if i told you a team full of FR and SOPHS would win 8 games and played games full of mistakes and errors that young players or teams make, would you feel that team would suck moving forward?

I by no means believe MU is going to be a powerhouse. I believe at this point they have a very good chance to win 8 or more. NOT earth shattering stuff. But I believe there is a lot of talent on that roster and if they improve like nearly every single GP coached team has, then they should be better this upcoming year. How much is in the air, same as Nebraska

Melscott,

<_<

my bad, you have a few players returning. but to say that you have any players the caliber of alexander and weatherspoon is ridiculous and frankly inaccurate. Smith is returning obviously, but on an average at best Dline. Yes you have other players returning and you are correct about the 2 deep being the youngest in college ball last season, but what does that really mean when you couldnt beat either Baylor or Navy? I know plenty about MU fro and quite frankly i think sometimes you are quite uninformed about your own team and tend to be a huge homer. however, i guess you will see who is right this coming season just like you did last season when i (and many others) said the same thing about MU being middle of the pack at best and you decided that you would get very defensive.......good luck with that.

I am not wanting to get into some stupid fight with you B. I know you well enough to know even when I prove you wrong you just keep coming. But a couple of points.

1. You like to act like you made some bold prodiction and shot me down with a "middle of the pack at best". Dude I said MU would win 8 games and have a shot and 9-10 if things went well. GO BACK AND CHECK IT. BTW I also informed you Alexander would be a stud to which you absolutly thought I was crazy and mocked me for. and while we are at it, I said KU would win 6-7 games at best, you argued they would be much better. So far I am much better and preditions than you are :thumbs

2. B, I respect your Husker knowledge, but you know very little about MU and you have proved that to me a number of times over the past year. I mean, your the same guy who argued starting lineups with me but didnt know who the starters even were. And this line "and quite frankly i think sometimes you are quite uninformed about your own team and tend to be a huge homer", that just makes me laugh. I know PLENTY about my team and school. Enough to educate you over and over again. As far as the homer thing. Look in the mirror brother. Just because I stand up for my team and know about them, doesnt make me a homer. I know plenty of people on this board that know I am objective and honest. Two things nobody has ever said about you.

Lets just drop this dude. We dont like each other and there is no good ending to you and I having a little pissing match. You will never give up even when I prove you wrong over and over again.

Something we can both agree on is you dislike MU and I dislike you. Cheers :cheers

Melscott,

Returning players is great, but returning players that are average at best is not always a great thing, last year the Illini returned lots "great" players on offense and look what happend. I am worried about mizzo but I am worried about every big 12 team, NU is not at the level where they are just going to blow teams out. I think that some of us Husker fans are getting ahead of themselves.

NU returns pretty much everyone on offense, so using your theory the NU offense should be freaking amazing but lets face it, they will probably be average at best.

Melscott,

I already respect Pinkel, but I would respect him more if I actually saw his team actually make some changes like this.

I mean, your the same guy who argued starting lineups with me but didnt know who the starters even were. And this line "and quite frankly i think sometimes you are quite uninformed about your own team and tend to be a huge homer", that just makes me laugh. I know PLENTY about my team and school. Enough to educate you over and over again. As far as the homer thing. Look in the mirror brother.

This place is starting to look more and more like tigerboard.com. And quite frankly, I like it. We're not even to spring ball and dammit--I need something to get me through this offseason! I'd like to see Mizzou fans start crawling out of the woodwork for some serious conversation. All you buzzards in Black and Gold want to go to the Big X. And I know you think you're about to walk into Lincoln next year and stomp all over us, so let's hear it!

I already respect Pinkel, but I would respect him more if I actually saw his team actually make some changes like this.

Me and you both buddy. Mu was horrible at running at times last year. If I remember correctly it was GP's worst running MU team and the worst running team since like 1994 for MU. They need to change something and if they went to a straight forward, even sometimes power set, I would be VERY pleased.

Me and you both buddy. Mu was horrible at running at times last year. If I remember correctly it was GP's worst running MU team and the worst running team since like 1994 for MU. They need to change something and if they went to a straight forward, even sometimes power set, I would be VERY pleased.

Exactly!

I don't know if you read my post above, but I outlined the two things that I feel would push Missouri over the edge into one of the consistently elite programs. Right now, I see Missouri as a team with talent and the ability to win games (even big games), but just can't consistently beat the powers of our conference, similar to the problems Nebraska faced under BC. (DISCLAIMER: Not comparing good ole Billy C. and GP :cheers )

But anyways, what I outlined was that Missouri just needs to be more physical up front, and you get more physical by running power football downhill at people. Finesse teams are nice, but when was the last time we saw a finesse team that had no power running game win a MNC?

I mean, your the same guy who argued starting lineups with me but didnt know who the starters even were. And this line "and quite frankly i think sometimes you are quite uninformed about your own team and tend to be a huge homer", that just makes me laugh. I know PLENTY about my team and school. Enough to educate you over and over again. As far as the homer thing. Look in the mirror brother.

This place is starting to look more and more like tigerboard.com. And quite frankly, I like it. We're not even to spring ball and dammit--I need something to get me through this offseason! I'd like to see Mizzou fans start crawling out of the woodwork for some serious conversation. All you buzzards in Black and Gold want to go to the Big X. And I know you think you're about to walk into Lincoln next year and stomp all over us, so let's hear it!

As much as I respect and enjoy this board as well as the guys from other teams that come here to chat with us....

Tigerboard is one of the worst football forums on the internet imho. I try to join in on conversations there but they literally give you nothing to work with, and often resort to finding ways to insult you even when you are just giving candid opinions.

If this board ever turned into TB, I might jump off a bridge.