Place your bets!

GSG

Nothing makes me happier to see Ohio State get the crap kicked out of them. I think it would be fun to play Alabama for the NC, and win...

As far as Boise State goes, anyone that plays on blue turf just so they can call themselves smurfs can't really be taken all that seriously in my book. There should be a rule stating all turfs have to be green. Period.

I was out in Vegas last week and they didn't have the futures for the NCAA title for 2011 yet. Had they, I would have put $100 on the Huskers at 15-1 and made a return trip arrangement for next February. :cheers

Winning $1500 would just about pay for that trip back, and a little gambling on the side. :)

So based on those odds, if I put $1000.00 on the Big Red, and they win it all, how much money do I get? (Not much of a gambler)

or a math guy?

$15,000

If that was the case, then I wouldn't have a job. When I looked for it earlier, I came across this site. There it says a $2 bet on 15-1 odds would pay $32, which would be 16 times, not 15 which didn't make sense to me. (I did that 16 times thing all by myself!)

sorry I didn't mean for it to sound critical. fyi though you receive $32 on a $2 bet because the $2 counts as the bookie returning your $2 that you bet with. you are still only making a $30 profit. so if you placed $1000 on Nebraska winning the title and say they do (cross your fingers!) you would receive $16,000 which makes your profit $15,000

also out of curiosity, what is your job?

Credit Analyst at a bank. Put together spreads and whatnot. Plus I end up doing a bunch of other random stuff that no one else wants to do.

I myself am too stressed during any game. I agree it would be too much to stand for me too! plus id miss years of watching the huskers due to the fact I would most definately burst a vessel in my brain if we lost. Last season I thought life was over after VA Tech, then Texas .... My entire family feared my reaction after the field goal went. BTW I am considering a shrink. I love my dear HUSKERS and they will be the death of me one day.

betusa.com (the one I have used before to place wagers) has NU at 12-1 odds which is tied with Boise State for the 4th best odds. You can check it out here.

http://www.betusa.com/odds/2010_bcs_championship_592.html

2011 BCS National Championship - Odds To Win01/10/11 8:00 PM

Name Odds

Alabama 7-2

Ohio St 7-1

Oregon 10-1

Boise St 12-1

Nebraska 12-1

TCU 15-1

Texas 15-1

Virginia Tech 15-1

Florida 20-1

Iowa 20-1

USC 20-1

LSU 25-1

Oklahoma 25-1

Arkansas 30-1

Georgia 30-1

Miami FL 30-1

Pittsburgh 30-1

Georgia Tech 40-1

Oregon St 40-1

Wisconsin 40-1

I'm not sure yet if I'll be doing any betting, but its pretty cool to see Nebraska getting the respect they are getting. Preseason polls, odds, Suh last year, Big 12 Championship (even with the loss), Holiday Bowl, etc... All helps with recruits for the future and how NU is viewed. I'm excited about how everything is turning out! Trying to keep expectations of what I see as reaslistic, but it's been a long time since I've had this sort of feeling prior to a season. One thing is for sure... Bo's got us headed back in the right direction.

12-1 Boise St

and

15-1 TCU

are awfully high odds for teams that could NEVER play in the national championship. :cheers

I wouldn't say they never could play for a NC, but it would take almost an act of God for it to happen. Look at Utah a couple years ago. The only undefeated team up there and still didn't get a chance. TCU needs to change conferences if they want a legitimate shot.

And this is exactly why those odds are wayyyyyyy too high. Since a NON-AQ has never reached the title game I think they should put TCU and Boise down around the 35-1 area.

But they must be taking into account the high preseason ranking both will have next year. (Both Top 10...with Boise in Top 5)

Nothing makes me happier to see Ohio State get the crap kicked out of them. I think it would be fun to play Alabama for the NC, and win...

Haha....I agree!!

Especially after weeks of ABC/ESPN crews slobbering all over Ohio State endlessly......and they then get punked without mercy. lol!

Yes, it is indeed great fun!