RB Adonis Ameen-Moore

mitch7

Here is your big thumper back that we talked about Nexus.

Yeah, I wouldn't mind getting this kid for those short yardage situations. I imagine he'd fill out a bit more in college. Would like to see more up-the-middle footage to see how well he handles it.

I agree he doesn't have the break away speed because he's more of a player thats like "Hey just give me the ball and I'll run north and south and plow over anybody who gets in my way." He's not afraid to hit the hole head on and gaining extra yards by dragging 2-3 defenders to the ground. Maybe Adonis will be our Tug Boat for the 2011 class as our short yardage RB.

• 4 weeks later...

My biggest question is why he thinks he will not get a schollie offer? Is there something going on or did the coaches say something?

My guess on this (and it IS purely a guess) is that the coaches haven't expressed much interest in him. For example, if he calls the coaches and they don't return his calls quickly he might think that they are disinterested.

Honestly, I don't know if he warrants a scholarship offer. He doesn't look quick at all in the film I have seen. He does seem to have great power . . . but his speed looks below average for a Division I running back.

• 2 weeks later...

Adonis may not have blazing speed, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have some serious skills. And if NU doesn't land him, then I hope he chooses to sign outside the Big12, because I would hate to face this kid after a good RB coach has a few years to work with him. If he lands in the right system I think this cat is going to be dangerous!