Devaney Chaos

Last week the men's and women's basketball games were back to back...which made it a traffic hazard for people trying to leave one game and attend another. Its happening again this Saturday. The men play first and the women to follow shortly afterwards. Parking becomes a problem, entering and exiting the fairgrounds is chaos, and the situation takes the fun out of attending these events. Why are the games scheduled so close together? I have no interest in attending the men's game, but am planning to see the women play. But by the time I get to the Sports Center there will be no parking spaces. And to wait for people to leave the men's game will be nothing but a nightmare.

why would you go to the women's game and not the men's? i know they win, so f*cking what? i'm all for supporting the women, i think it's great what they are doing and they deserve the state's support, but why not go to the men's game? give me nebraska men vs. san jose padre las locos state midtown chicago j.v. over a women's game any day of the week. yes the women are good and play a great game of bball, but come on. a class a high school boys game is more entertaining. i've gone to a couple women's games this year and i've watched a couple on tv, but it's tough. support the men. them losing is even more reason to support them, give them some confidence, they need all the help they can get to steal another one

• Fire 1

why would you go to the women's game and not the men's? i know they win, so f*cking what? i'm all for supporting the women, i think it's great what they are doing and they deserve the state's support, but why not go to the men's game? give me nebraska men vs. san jose padre las locos state midtown chicago j.v. over a women's game any day of the week. yes the women are good and play a great game of bball, but come on. a class a high school boys game is more entertaining. i've gone to a couple women's games this year and i've watched a couple on tv, but it's tough. support the men. them losing is even more reason to support them, give them some confidence, they need all the help they can get to steal another one

I've preached this to my roommate for months.

are schedules done prior to the season? I'm asking, i really don't know how times work with basketball. If they are, historically women's basketball hasn't had great attendance, and mens has had better. This could easily have been done to promote the women's team (as they are doing by letting people stay upper C). The women's success is awesome, but unexpected to this point. That could be one of the reasons....

Honestly thats your own personal opinion. I went to the womens game only. Partly because of scheduling, but also because its a team that wins. Dont give me the team winning doenst matter. Saying that mens nebraska basketball is exciting, cough, thats very hit and miss. I love watching the men, but I also am to the point where I'd rather not show up to watch what most expect will be another ass whooping, which it almost always is.Especially when I can save 20 bucks and watch them on TV. Tonight was probably one of the loudest times ive heard Devaney this year, and it was for women. I definitely agree about supporting the men, but its to the point where I think most people would rather sacrifice the intensity that you get in a mens game, from a terrible team, to a girls game where every game is winnable and your top 3 in the nation.

Honestly thats your own personal opinion. I went to the womens game only. Partly because of scheduling, but also because its a team that wins. Dont give me the team winning doenst matter. Saying that mens nebraska basketball is exciting, cough, thats very hit and miss. I love watching the men, but I also am to the point where I'd rather not show up to watch what most expect will be another ass whooping, which it almost always is.Especially when I can save 20 bucks and watch them on TV. Tonight was probably one of the loudest times ive heard Devaney this year, and it was for women. I definitely agree about supporting the men, but its to the point where I think most people would rather sacrifice the intensity that you get in a mens game, from a terrible team, to a girls game where every game is winnable and your top 3 in the nation.

Girls games are more fun then guys games. Why is that?? because of the product out on the floor. If the guys are better then the girls, they get bigger crowds. If Doc doesnt like taht he isnt getting support from fans, take a look at the product u put out there.. I hate to say it, but the B-ball team has not earned what the football team has. When Football team is not good, people still show up.

I think Guys will be better next year, and the girls will be worse, much worse.