I Smell an Upset

Would UCONN women beat KU men's team? No way. Would they compete? Without question.

Now would UCONN women's beat the worst in men's college b-ball? Most likely - yes. But no matter who they played they would compete against them. Winning and competing are two entirely different things.

Waaaaiiiiitttt a minute here-I said the worst. I think you could find a couple of really disasterous bottom dwellers who might sweat a game with UConn, but KU? Come on, any mens team that is remotely decent would pound them, and pound them ugly.

UCONN women would beat, and badly beat, the worst mens teams in college basketball about as bad as KU men would beat UCON women.

Vince, are you going to give any reasons? any reason at all for thinking that? Everyone disagreeing with you has laid out an argument, all you say is they would win. I don't like ripping on members here because this is all about voicing an opinion, and it's fun to see other people's thoughts. I don't want people hatin on me for something I say, so I try not to do it to others, but come on man. This is absolutely ridiculous, and the fact that you can't explain why you think this way just proves you have no clue what you are talking about.

All this from the one who continually makes the same excuse for NU's bad play.

I haven't responded to your request, because just as with the youth excuse can no longer used by the NU men's b-ball team, anything else I would post would be lost.

i have explained multiple times why i believe the youth excuse can be used to explain some of the problems of this year. i believe i've explained more than a few times. i like defending my statements with reasoning, i guess others just enjoy making statements without bothering to back them up whatsoever. to each his own, i suppose

I have have said, multiple times, why the NU youth excuse cannot be used. Your excuse of why it can be used is just wrong. I've proven that with the OSU example. With this fact clearly stated, why would I venture to explain anything else to you?

I'm pretty sure I know what method of fishing you like best. Trolling - right? To each his own, I suppose.

I have have said, multiple times, why the NU youth excuse cannot be used. Your excuse of why it can be used is just wrong. I've proven that with the OSU example. With this fact clearly stated, why would I venture to explain anything else to you?

I'm pretty sure I know what method of fishing you like best. Trolling - right? To each his own, I suppose.

I understand OSU is young and they improved as the season continued on. I also understand they have definite recruiting advantages (winning tradition). I understand NU is young, and that they developed throughout the front 2/3 of the season, but over the home stretch did not show improvement like they should have. In my opinion, that is due to 1-recruiting disadvantages (no AAU help) 2-loss of confidence (a few losses can do that to a young team). It has become apparent we will have to agree to disagree on the youth excuse. I hope I'm right, simply because I want to watch a winning team next year.

As for my preferred fishing method - we don't have big enough bodies of water around here for trolling. I prefer bottom fishing for catfish or the occasional bobber fishing for pan fish (when a fish fry seems in order). Are you a fisherman?

I understand OSU is young and they improved as the season continued on. I also understand they have definite recruiting advantages (winning tradition). I understand NU is young, and that they developed throughout the front 2/3 of the season, but over the home stretch did not show improvement like they should have. In my opinion, that is due to 1-recruiting disadvantages (no AAU help) 2-loss of confidence (a few losses can do that to a young team). It has become apparent we will have to agree to disagree on the youth excuse. I hope I'm right, simply because I want to watch a winning team next year.

As for my preferred fishing method - we don't have big enough bodies of water around here for trolling. I prefer bottom fishing for catfish or the occasional bobber fishing for pan fish (when a fish fry seems in order). Are you a fisherman?

We have a lot of bodies of water here where trolling works. Calamus, Big Mac, Branchd Oak, the Missouri River, Merritt, Sherman, Johnson, Lewis and Clark are just a few.

The very worst team in Div 1 men's bball would take the UCONN women and any WNBA team. You're not Div. 1 if you don't have some decent talent. Now if you got into the very worst of the NAIA divison maybe, but still I'm not sure. I know alot of men's town teams that would beat up on UCONN and WNBA teams just completely secondary to athleticism. Can women shoot, yes. Can they get open to shoot against men? That's another story.