I Smell an Upset

It was worth a shot right? Haha oh well. Uconn is just ridiculous.

I heard this last night on the news/ sports. Stanford will win a conference with no other ranked teams - while NU won a conference with seven other ranked teams.

Personally I don't care that NU is ranked behind Stanford since being ranked third guarantees them a number one seed in both The Big 12 and NCAA Tournaments. From there they can do their business and continue to advance.

Just keep up the great work Huskers.

Personally I don't care that NU is ranked behind Stanford since being ranked third guarantees them a number one seed in both The Big 12 and NCAA Tournaments. From there they can do their business and continue to advance.

My only problem if we go into the tourney seeded behind Stanford is that we'd have to face UConn in the Semis. If we have to play UConn, I'd rather do it in the Finals.

Of course, we have to get to the Final Four first. I don't think we've ever gotten past the Sweet 16, is that right?

My only problem if we go into the tourney seeded behind Stanford is that we'd have to face UConn in the Semis. If we have to play UConn, I'd rather do it in the Finals.

Of course, we have to get to the Final Four first. I don't think we've ever gotten past the Sweet 16, is that right?

For sure? IDK exactly how the NCAA tourney seeds outside the 1-16 etc.. but if it were a true seeding wouldn't 1 play for and 2 play 3? which would be NU v Standford in that scenario? But stanford being 2nd in the rankings doesnt guarantee them the #2 overall seed either..

For sure? IDK exactly how the NCAA tourney seeds outside the 1-16 etc.. but if it were a true seeding wouldn't 1 play for and 2 play 3? which would be NU v Standford in that scenario? But stanford being 2nd in the rankings doesnt guarantee them the #2 overall seed either..

Youre overlooking that there are 4 #1 seeds...4 #2 seeds...etc. 64 team bracket, seeded 1-16. So Nebraska and UCONN could end up with the #1 seeds on the same side of the bracket...get it? It leaves potential for 4 #1 seeds to find themselves in the final four...nothing more.

Youre overlooking that there are 4 #1 seeds...4 #2 seeds...etc. 64 team bracket, seeded 1-16. So Nebraska and UCONN could end up with the #1 seeds on the same side of the bracket...get it? It leaves potential for 4 #1 seeds to find themselves in the final four...nothing more.

No, not overlooking that. I understand there are 4 1s, 4 2s, 4 3s.. hence i said 1-16.. I said idk exactly how it seeds it outside of that, hence, is there a #1 overall, 2 overall, 3 overall, 4 overall? All 4 would be #1 seeds in their region, but the #1 region would be matched up with the #4 region, and #2 with #3. If its that way NU v UConn wouldn't happen til the finals, and if it doesn't happen that way, UConn v Stanford could happen and NU not have to play both. I was simply addressing knapps post about being seeded behind stanford meaning we'd have to play uconn in the semi's, where that really wouldn't be the case.

I was simply addressing knapps post about being seeded behind stanford meaning we'd have to play uconn in the semi's, where that really wouldn't be the case.

I think you're right and I was having a brain spasm. I think if we're 2/3 we won't face UConn until the Final. Not sure what I was thinking there. . .

Do you think that the UConn womens team could compete with the worst mens teams in div 1?

i hope this is just a poor attempt at a joke. the worst mens team in div i could play their four worst players, yes four, not five, against uconn women's starters and still win 150 - 12 (assuming they slack their defense once they're up 80-2)