New guy here, with a few questions.

Hey guys, I am brand new to this site, and just had a few questions about recruting.

1) How solid do u guys think Jamal Turner is?

2) Whos the one recruit you want to see wear the Scarlet and Cream? (Mine have to be either Aaron Green, or Jephette Matilus)

3) What do you guys think of the class so far?

4) Finally, do you think Ted Lampkin will get an offer eventually? I think so.

1- What do you mean by solid? His commitment to Nebraska or his skills as a player?

2- There are several, but Aaron is one of them.

3- So far, so good. Too early to give it a proper ranking though.

4- My understanding with his situation is that Gilmore told him that they couldn't offer him right now. Apparently the coaches need to see more from him. They told him to attend camp this summer so they can better evaluate him. Supposedly Lampkin was disappointed that he didn't get an offer, so he didn't know if he would be attending camp at Nebraska this summer or not. So I see two possible scenarios: 1) He attends camp and puts himself in a favorable position to receive an offer. 2) He doesn't attend camp and blows his chance at an offer.

If Ted is willing to put in the extra work to earn that offer, then it'd be in his best interest to attend camp. If Ted doesn't attend camp, then that raises a red flag to the coaches because it tells them that he doesn't want it bad enough.

Hey guys, I am brand new to this site, and just had a few questions about recruting.

2) Whos the one recruit you want to see wear the Scarlet and Cream? (Mine have to be either Aaron Green, or Jephette Matilus)

who are you and who do you work for <_<

who are you and who do you work for <_<

haha just a long time reader who decided to join

Jamal is as solid as anyone. Here is why:

1. He came up on two unofficial visits on his own dime.

2. He went to the Big 12 title game on his own dime.

3. He drove from Arlington, Texas to San Diego, Cali to the Holiday Bowl on his own dime.

As you see he has a lot of dimes that he has given to see NU. :lol:

He is also not afraid of competition and doesnt care if we bring in another QB in this class.

Welcome guy who is newer than me... I was once in your shoes, long time lurker/reader, but not actually a member. I must say it is the best money I never spent.

1) Solid commit and solid player (I think his athleticism speaks for itself and his arm is slightly better than c. Green)

2) A. Green, Mr. Big Time, and I really like Jeremy Cash (a very solid safety, but I don't know we will get him)

3) O line is getting stacked and we have one of two QB's. I see us having no problem filling the O line or Defensive needs. It is the RB's, WR's, and last QB that scare me. We should get A. Green, but our other pick ups there may not be from our top 2-3 due to last years struggles. Hopefully improvement this year brings in some big guns.

4) On Lampkin see Nexus response.

3. He drove from Arlington, Texas to San Diego, Cali to the Holiday Bowl on his own dime.

He is also not afraid of competition and doesnt care if we bring in another QB in this class.

I was just a little worried because on his rivals page it shows Texas Tech as medium interest, but over time I have learned not to trust some stuff rivals puts out.

I was just a little worried because on his rivals page it shows Texas Tech as medium interest, but over time I have learned not to trust some stuff rivals puts out.

Yeah. Definately not. Rivals is a good guideline. I believe that it is superior to scout.

O line is getting stacked and we have one of two QB's. I see us having no problem filling the O line or Defensive needs. It is the RB's, WR's, and last QB that scare me. We should get A. Green, but our other pick ups there may not be from our top 2-3 due to last years struggles. Hopefully improvement this year brings in some big guns.

i agree about WR recruiting being of some concern, though i think we've got some talent at the position. i don't have any concerns about the other skill positions. we've signed four star players each of the last two years at both QB and RB. we already have a top QB solidly committed for 2011 and are positioned well with some great running backs.

hopefully a big year from zac, niles, kinnie and company will show some of the elite receivers the light, but that is really the only position i see to worry about.

As for w/r's I would like to see nebraska get Evan Spencer, and Tacoi Sumler. I dont think that we have a great shot with each, but I can always hope. I honestly see us getting atleast one "big time" reciever in this class. Maybe it would be daniels, spencer, sumler, jacob bennett, or somebody else. But I think our staff knows that there is a pressing need for a reciever that strikes fear into the opposing teams defensive staff. I look at Alabama, power running with Trent Richardson and Mark Ingram, but if you sleep on their receivers Julio Jones could torch your defense. Thats just my two cents.