DE Dylan Wynn

^

Kid is an average athlete, at best, for DE right now. Speed and athleticism are something he will never be big on. He wouldn't translate at all for OLB on the next level.

It sucks for a kid that wants to be a Husker as bad as I know Dylan does. But when top defensive recruits are calling us to tell us they want Bo to recruit them for once, it's tough to take chances on kids you are not completely sure about.

^

Kid is an average athlete, at best, for DE right now. Speed and athleticism are something he will never be big on. He wouldn't translate at all for OLB on the next level.

It sucks for a kid that wants to be a Husker as bad as I know Dylan does. But when top defensive recruits are calling us to tell us they want Bo to recruit them for once, it's tough to take chances on kids you are not completely sure about.

Hey Willie thanks for the insights, but do me a favor and post one more time before you call it a night. You're a post shy from 2500.

^

Hey Willie thanks for the insights, but do me a favor and post one more time before you call it a night. You're a post shy from 2500.

I got post 2500 somewhere. And I wasn't even paying attention. :facepalm:

But I need to get at it more. I've been here years and just got over the hump. You registered not even a year ago and have already put me to shame in the post count department. :lol:

• Fire 1

^

I got post 2500 somewhere. And I wasn't even paying attention. :facepalm:

But I need to get at it more. I've been here years and just got over the hump. You registered not even a year ago and have already put me to shame in the post count department. :lol:

+1

:laughpound

i always find it amusing when people claim that it's possible that a 17 or 18 year old kid has reached his limit. physically, or technically.

No one is claiming that they know Wynn has reached his limit. The coaches and strength and conditioning staff are trying to figure out who has the most potential for improving technique and physically maturing. If that is Wynn, so be it. If it's someone else, so be it.

Pay attention to BigWillie's posts. He's one of the only insiders we have.

i always find it amusing when people claim that it's possible that a 17 or 18 year old kid has reached his limit. physically, or technically.

No one is claiming that they know Wynn has reached his limit. The coaches and strength and conditioning staff are trying to figure out who has the most potential for improving technique and physically maturing. If that is Wynn, so be it. If it's someone else, so be it.

Pay attention to BigWillie's posts. He's one of the only insiders we have.

its a sh**ty situation but sometimes you just can't get to where you want to go due to limitations.... which truth be told are like a scince to these college programs... if not the huskers the kid will end up some place..... which is better than most kids in hs who dream of playing football in college for FREE and earn a degreee

Two words - Sam McGuffie.

Listen, I think Wynn has a shot at an offer. Kid had a good camp, dominates his level of competition and is dying to be a Husker. Will he get his offer in the next few days? I know quite a few people who believe so, I'm still skeptical.

Eventually, I think the kid will get the offer. But I'm just torn on offering a kid who will be a Husker in 2 seconds when we are still chasing other kids we like more.

It's a sticky situation with offering kids who are borderline, as we are about to see here in the next few days. :moreinteresting

• 4 weeks later...

Even though Wynn doesn't have an NU offer yet, it looks like he has 3 favorites that he's HIGH on according to Rivals. Oklahoma St., Oregon and Oregon St. He doesn't even hold an Oregon offer yet.

Maybe he's not as high on Nebraska as I thought he was? :dunno

Regardless, I wish the kid luck wherever he ends up.

Even though Wynn doesn't have an NU offer yet, it looks like he has 3 favorites that he's HIGH on according to Rivals. Oklahoma St., Oregon and Oregon St. He doesn't even hold an Oregon offer yet.

Maybe he's not as high on Nebraska as I thought he was? :dunno

Regardless, I wish the kid luck wherever he ends up.

After hitting camp yet again and still not getting an offer maybe he's just moved-on. Good luck to him either way.

• 1 month later...