OSU Game

Not a good game at all. Offense started good making their first three 3's but havent done a thing since. We haven't been able to go inside because everytime we do we turn it over, get blocked, or miss a lay-up. Defense can't stop anyone. Oklahoma State is shooting lights out and 7-9 behind the ark. Already getting demolished.

ANyone know is Ryan Anderson is hurt because he hasn't played a minute yet. I only ask this because Doc is our coach and it wouldn't surprise me if he benched his best player for the last game of the year.

28-11 Cowboys

anderson hurt his ankle at the end of the cu game. doc said earlier in the week he was questionable for today. diaz might as well quit the team, i believe he is 0-3 and all were within 3 feet of the hoop. doc needs to learn you can't have a two and a half hour practice without touching a basketball (like he did this week), if you do, you score less than twenty points in a half. yes, defense is important, but you can't win if you only score 38 points total. absolutely unacceptable

Let me ask you basketball aficionados a question: Is there hope for the future with this team? Are we just too young? Are we just needing time in the weight room? Is there hope, or is this just a glimpse of the next several years?

I heard good things coming into this season. Some good guys coming in, new blood, more of a chance to win. Then the season started and we won a bunch of games against weak opponents, but we beat USC on the road and it looked like there might be some potential here. Then the regular season started and... ?

I think its a perfect storm. Injuries, weird transfers, questionable coaching decisions at times, lackluster individual player efforts, and biggest of all, playing in a conference where the 25th ranked team in the country likely will finish one game better than Nebraska did last year at 9-7 and barely in the top half of the conference itself. The Big 12 was seriously one mean beeyotch this year, its hard for me to help tie the knots in Doc's noose...yet.

I think its a perfect storm. Injuries, weird transfers, questionable coaching decisions at times, lackluster individual player efforts, and biggest of all, playing in a conference where the 25th ranked team in the country likely will finish one game better than Nebraska did last year at 9-7 and barely in the top half of the conference itself. The Big 12 was seriously one mean beeyotch this year, its hard for me to help tie the knots in Doc's noose...yet.

exactly. really was a perfect storm. although i still say this season is inexcusable, but it's not all doc's fault. i say there is hope for this team (but i'm tired of saying it, been saying it for too long.) remember the a&m game? remember the ku games? remember the k-state game in manhatten and the baylor game at home? not to mention the iowa state games. i know they lost all those, BUT like doc said today in his postgame interview, the ball bounced the other way so many times early on that this team just lost it's confidence. IF, and that's a huge if, IF these young guys move on and work their tails off (I assume they will because no one likes losing this much) in the offseason, I still say the potential is there. you can't deny that they showed flashes of potential in all those games. Doc has, however, put himself on an extremely short leash.

anderson hurt his ankle at the end of the cu game. doc said earlier in the week he was questionable for today. diaz might as well quit the team, i believe he is 0-3 and all were within 3 feet of the hoop. doc needs to learn you can't have a two and a half hour practice without touching a basketball (like he did this week), if you do, you score less than twenty points in a half. yes, defense is important, but you can't win if you only score 38 points total. absolutely unacceptable

:yeah

He is flat out bad. No strength at all.

Let me ask you basketball aficionados a question: Is there hope for the future with this team? Are we just too young? Are we just needing time in the weight room? Is there hope, or is this just a glimpse of the next several years?

I heard good things coming into this season. Some good guys coming in, new blood, more of a chance to win. Then the season started and we won a bunch of games against weak opponents, but we beat USC on the road and it looked like there might be some potential here. Then the regular season started and... ?

The youth excuse doesn't work. Look at Okie State. They are the youngest team in the conference and they got better as the season went along where NU didn't.

Yesterday as I was washing my truck my neighbor came over to drop off some beer as a thank you for removing the snow from their driveway this past winter. He asked what I was listening to and I told the Husker b-ball game. He listened for a while then smiled when he realized I was listening to the women's game. He stuck around and listened to game with me as I finished washing my truck. Oh, he also helped me drink the beer he brought over.

The youth excuse doesn't work. Look at Okie State. They are the youngest team in the conference and they got better as the season went along where NU didn't.

Yesterday as I was washing my truck my neighbor came over to drop off some beer as a thank you for removing the snow from their driveway this past winter. He asked what I was listening to and I told the Husker b-ball game. He listened for a while then smiled when he realized I was listening to the women's game. He stuck around and listened to game with me as I finished washing my truck. Oh, he also helped me drink the beer he brought over.

ok state - nebraska

apples - oranges

youth excuse is getting old and certainly doesn't make this an acceptable season, but it is a contributing factor